The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

SEO what aspect of it do you find challenging?

temi

affiliate
I wonder what other SEO consultants find most difficult in SEO work for clients. I don't find the core of the work like optimizing a page, getting links etc difficult at all.
What I find most challenging is working with client whose website is managed by a 3rd party, I currently have an SEO assignment, the client if very very nice but his web design guy is extremely difficult to work with.

Anyone had similar experience?

I have faced the very same problem about a year ago. I haven't received server login details so it was extremly difficoult to execute the necessary changes. After a months or so I rather quit the agreement after a lot of work without receiving any money. I had to take care my nervous system:D

Too true temi, three's a crowd after all. In fact some times it does start to grate when what ever "work" they do which counter acts your own & makes you look a tit. So I updated my Terms & conditions of my work to enforce that clients of the Resonate Seo Consultancy must provide me with details of third party workers & that i must approve work to which they advise & wish to carry outh. With this i become in full control as it is the terms of my service. Since then i have had no problems as all third parties i consult with & listen to there recommendations, if hi agree they go do it without any repercussions of there work falling on me.

I agree. It's difficult not having control of the page. One SEO job I'm doing I'm not allowed to touch the page. It's a pain. I'm relying on link building basically :(

I'll mention 2.

1. Since I hate link building sometimes I always try took for link baiting opportunities. Somewhere I can come up with viral content. And some client can be so boring, especially in the B2B arena that it is not that easy to come up with link bait stuff. This is where I look for industry partnerships and I feel lazy doing that.

2. Non-cooperating clients.

I wonder what other SEO consultants find most difficult in SEO work for clients. I don't find the core of the work like optimizing a page, getting links etc difficult at all.
What I find most challenging is working with client whose website is managed by a 3rd party, I currently have an SEO assignment, the client if very very nice but his web design guy is extremely difficult to work with.

Anyone had similar experience?

These days duplicate content is becoming a big issue. There are several websites which are using duplicate content , and it could be your client site as well :sorry:

It is an extremely difficult task if your client has several hundred pages. It could be a mamoth activity to detect duplicate content from each and every page. :scared:

I find waiting for results to be difficult also. I expect results in a few days but Google always uses a different calendar than I do.

I also will not help someone without control of the panel.

banners
Back