The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

SEO strategies for Affiliate Sites

• Thread starter suresh-bhattarai
  • Start date
S

suresh-bhattarai

Can anybody help me better undestand SEO strategies for Affiliate Sites? Please let me know how can I improve the page rank of my site.

Regards,
Suresh Raj Bhattarai

-SEO strategies is SEO strategies, no difference
- for affiliate sites the best strategy is to forget affiliate marketing, and to work to get your website rank well. Then you can select products and services that can resolve your target audince problems. More you can have the chance to choose the best merchant or network-( avoid to use the inverted pyramid where you start your online business).

Yep SEO is SEO.

Page Rank is largely to do with inbound links. The easiest way to get inbound links is to have good content people want to link to. Then you need to find relevant sites in the same category that already have good PR or are authority sites and get them to link to you somehow.

There are a bunch of guides out there I'm sure on how to build a good link campaign. To do it right takes time and energy.

- authority website need Knowledge, time, effort and budget.
- but the problem that people think that affiliate marketing is the easy way to make money online without any effort or budget. This is right in the past years but now all are changes : pay per click, search engine, competition,... and in the future, it is another story.
- I think that is more important to build your online profile before you build your website can make huge impact: build just your home page, use forum posting, articles directories ( the number not important the most important related and with high page rank) that will let you understand the market and build your foundation then start to build your web site content which will be easy to you because you have knowledge about your topic and the most important all your time will be given to increase your web site conversions and supervise your ranking.

use forum posting, articles directories [\QUOTE]

I haven't posted in here for a while or visited, sorry about that. Anyways, you will want to make sure that when you are posting in forums you do not just spam the heck out of them.

Remember:

1. Contribute to the conversation
2. Only provide a link if it is relevant (signatures are another story)
3. Read the TOS first
4. Try to avoid using sales links, they are obvious and if you are not known in that social network you will look like a spammer
5. Give them a reason to trust your opinion and links. Add good origional content and thoughts to the conversations instead of just random posts.

With your SEO strategy in general, you should never rely solely on SEO. Search Engines Algorithms can change in an instant and if all of your traffic came from your rankings, you will then be out of luck.

With that said,

1. Content is king. Do not copy and paste someone elses content. Origional and well thought out articles and writing get you much better results.

2. Do not keyword stuff unless you are familiar with safe techniques, (they are getting few and far between)

3. If you have extremely highly competitive words for your products and a low PR in Google for example, look at words which are searched a bit less and do not have as much competition. You might also find they are stronger converters.

4. The SEs put out products regularly like Yahoo Search Submit where you pay a small fee and you will be re-indexed by yahoos bots every 7 days so you can see the effectiveness of your content etc....

5. As people said above. Make your site sticky so people will want to return and so that bloggers and other webmasters will want to give you links. Create games or origional animations, quizzes, or anything that is unique.

6. READ READ READ! The industry changes just as fast as the algorithms. Whether it is just a datacenter or a group of them updating their records of backlinks, read the engines articles and check up on how your site is doing within them. If you read info about the basics as well as the engine's blogs, and then see how they might still apply, then create your own unique strategy. You will be the first in the field and hopefully see the results of your effort.

You want to be carefull relying on SEO for all your conversions. Buy ad space in a targeted magazine, a movie screen is dirt cheap and very targeted, Festivals and tournaments offer reasonable ad rates. think about other ways to hit your audience so if you ever loose your rankings, you won't loose your wallet.

Famous words for struggling newbies...

Heed these words, Content is King! It is the secret to success for your site and will make the difference in getting traffic, search engine rankings and eventually conversions.

People don't come to your site to see the colors or banners or the pictures of your kids. THEY WANT INFORMATION. Give them lots of useful stuff to read and you will develop a following.

Put lots of good content on your webpages and in your articles.

Well said, LifeofEgypt.

After hearing my affiliate success story a lot of my friends are now trying to build affiliate sites. But what many of them don't realize is that it's more than just putting up a site and adding content. You are building a brand of one...you. Your voice, tone, content all play a vital role in building a "sticky" site.

A friend of mine has a huge site with tons of content but her tone is blah and her paragraphs are too long and drawn out. So even though she has great info, people aren't staying at her site or coming back. It's important to give your site a personality, invoke humor (if appropriate) and making your audience feel they can trust you. It amazes me the number of affiliates who choose to remain anonymous. Adding a picture on your "about me" page can make a world of difference.

So my point? It's a total package. It definitely starts with great content, but you've got to go above and beyond just putting up words. Give your site some personality and let your audience know they can trust you. Build your unique brand of one.

I've been doing member advertising for over 10 years now. In those days, making a SEO technique for your offshoot based site was quite straightforward. Pick a market and purchase a catchphrase loaded space name. Next you'd do an inquiry on the Overture catchphrase device (I'm totally dating myself here) and pick the main 50 watchwords in your specialty.

Content is really important for an affiliate site. If you have a bunch of affiliate links and little content on your site then you will get little search traffic. Avoid thin content affiliate websites. Create several pages of decent content and don't over use the affiliate links.

MI
Back