Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

SEO in 2013....

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
So what have you SEO guys realised are the key points to getting better rankings in 2013....

For me, it's simple - quality content over mass content.

I'm sure it'll change as the year goes on but right now it's quality, decent length content and good internal linking that seems to be strongest.

That combined with leverage (using the content to create lots of 'webs' all over the place) is where I'm at, for now at least!

I was brave, or perhaps foolish enough (depending on the perspective) to choose highly competitive niches.

Thus my experience in this year was until now:

With a good content and a good on-page optimization you can get easily up to results page three. But from then on it will be hard.

My analysis has repeatedly shown me that the top sites have a bunch of high quality backlinks (PR5-9), built up over years.

So my opinion for top 10 sites is: about one-third quality and SEO content, but about two-thirds high PR backlinks.

Currently I'm testing something to bypass this long build up of backlinks - and expect the breakthrough ... ;)

Right ways to promote your site!

Most of your links will be valued as people discover content on your site or read your blog. Google still supports your promotion until you feel that you are cheating and Google understands that you’d like to let others know about the hard work you’ve put into your content. To effectively promote your content, it is important to connect with people who are interested in your articles. Effectively promoting your new content will lead to faster discovery by those who are interested in the same subject.

Be unique and recognizable

Write more, but I try to write only when you really have something to say, not just to write. Adapt your writing to people and not for search engines.
Putting effort into the offline promotion of your company or site can also be rewarding.

SOCIAL MEDIA

Get to know as much as possible with social media sites because they are very useful for grouping people with similar interests. Nowadays there are so many opportunities for promotion through social media sites, and one of the biggest advantages is that it is all for free. With the proper use of social media, you can get free publicity or advertisement for very little money.
Chances are, there are a number of sites that cover topic areas similar to yours. Opening up communication with these sites is usually beneficial. Hot topics in your niche or community could spark additional ideas for content or building a good community resource.

quality content over mass content.

Yeah I agree with this. If you can create good content that people actually want to link to and share on the social networks then it makes the whole process much easier.

Then you can use all of the traditional SEO techniques like link building to push it up the search engines and from there you'll gain traction and find people are naturally linking to you and sharing your stuff so that your visitors are essentially doing the link building for you.

I'm also all about the social side of things too. Build up some big ass social profiles for your site and if your content is decent then every time you add a new piece of content to your site then all you have to do is promote it out do your social profiles and you'll get tonnes of instant backlinks and social signals to that page.

Also don't overlook the design of your site. If your sites are built in WordPress like most of mine are then take the time to look for truly stunning themes and even consider forking out $30-$50 on a premium theme that will blow your visitors away. A site that looks great will keep people on the site for longer and get people viewing more than just one page of your site... which is exactly what Google likes to see.

Writing more quality content for my readers and social bookmarking sites. Quality content should always be of focus whatever you do!

I found some good results with my experiment on my test site.
"Backlinks you don't make directly gets you higher ranking" VS "Self made backlink"

:)

We do backlinks by creating social profiles for our site. We make social network accounts, web 2.0, and blog comment.
My point is we (the owner) makes those backlinks.
In my some of my test, I made a site with NO Backlinks. Total ZERO.. Nada.. and wait for it to get indexed.
When I check it, its ranking like crazy. Well, On page SEO might be the reason why, coz I am addicted to SEO.
When I said, with no backlinks. Meaning I don't do any backlinks. I did not create any social profiles with links pointing to the site.
The only thing I did, is I put a simple PHP script the forced the visitors to Share the content to view the content.
So, those people Make those backlinks for you. Not you.
So, I assumed that backlinks made by your visitors are more valued than backlinks made by yourself.

Its the result of my test .. :)

So, I assumed that backlinks made by your visitors are more valued than backlinks made by yourself.
Absolutely right! This is also the result of my analyzes.
That is how Google now is "ticking" : The activity from outside is important.

The only thing I did, is I put a simple PHP script the forced the visitors to Share the content to view the content.
But plz tell us, how can you "force" people to share something??
A hidden, auto-forwarding in the script?

We do backlinks by creating social profiles for our site. We make social network accounts, web 2.0, and blog comment.
My point is we (the owner) makes those backlinks.
In my some of my test, I made a site with NO Backlinks. Total ZERO.. Nada.. and wait for it to get indexed.
When I check it, its ranking like crazy. Well, On page SEO might be the reason why, coz I am addicted to SEO.
When I said, with no backlinks. Meaning I don't do any backlinks. I did not create any social profiles with links pointing to the site.

Interesting - yes thats one of the reasons sometimes I hold these competitions for like and shares on Facebook - as not only are they commenting but i'm building 100+ social backlinks with my chosen anchor and links in at the same time.

It's always quality over quantity. Some don't realize that sharing good quality contents is the best key to succeed rather than posting lots of contents but nonsense. This is also what copywriters always keep in mind as SEO is also being used in copywriting. Backlinking is another crucial thing in SEO. You can join in the discussions and share your website(s) with them. In that way, you can get more traffics.

SEO is great but i think viral content sharing is hat will take over and has to some degree. High quality niche site with quality content back linking with each other as well as enticing others to share your content is the way most of will go.

MI
Back