The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

SEO for Flash Websites Possible?

kabirthapar

What would you suggest to the client who has a website made on flash? How would you do SEO for the website made on flash? Can anyone help me out regarding the same?
frown.png

Hello @mxyzptlkfishstiks how dose cloaking help in flash websites? By the way its against google guidelines, kindly suggest some white hat techniques regarding the same. Can I include an entire site in one Flash file instead of multiple Flash files with different HTML pages?

Hello @mxyzptlkfishstiks how dose cloaking help in flash websites? By the way its against google guidelines, kindly suggest some white hat techniques regarding the same. Can I include an entire site in one Flash file instead of multiple Flash files with different HTML pages?

There's no way to get around it unless you use progressive enhancement (SWFObject) or do a complete site overhaul to pure HTML. It's not against Google Guidelines if the content provided on the cloaked page is the same as content presented on the flash side. Cloaking is only bad to the Goog when you present content that is not in line with the content shown to regular users.

Old: Flash SEO Code » by Jonathan Hochman
New: Adobe Flash and SEO - Hochman Consultants

If you're wary, there's nothing stopping you from contacting Google directly (Matt Cutts).

Ya, it is possible to do seo for flash based website. For doing seo content plays a vital role. So place the content at the bottom of the page to rank website in the search engine.

Flash websites always make it very difficult to embrace SEO. The reason being in order for you to achieve maximum Optimization, the use of content is highly recommended. The best Advice is to turn that website into a normal one where you can be able to work on it with much ease. Or be able to make use of any possibility of placing content.

MI
Back