propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SEO Case Study

Discussion in 'General Affiliate Marketing Forum' started by Cavalier07, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Cavalier07

Cavalier07 Affiliate affiliate

Hey All

This will be my second case study on CPAFix . The first one didn't go too well so I hope this time It will.

I have been looking at a couple of CPA Networks and noticed a nice campaign in the Gambling Sector which isn't being promoted to much. So will be creating a review website for this site.

For this entire case study, I'll refer to the site as GSite

Day 1

So Today I have found the offer I will be using, tested it and started my basic keyword research as well as buying the domain.

Domain Name: gsitereview.co.uk

Keyword Research:

Keyword 1 - GSite Name Variation 1 - 18,100 Monthly UK Searches - 1.1 Million Results
    Keyword 2 - GSite Name Variation 2 - 14,800 Monthly UK Searches - 100,000 Results

Keyword 3 - GSite Review - 140 UK Monthly Searches - 30,000 Results

I will be focusing on getting to page 1 of both Keyword 1 and 2 , which in return should also get me 1st or 2nd on Keyword 3

Now its just a waiting game for my dns to sort itself out.

2. K

K Administrator Administrator affiliate

Best of luck man, are you using WordPress? If so to set up pay attention to this set up.

I'll write a proper guide soon how to set your site up for SEO but pay attention to long tail keywords and make sure everything ranks.

Remember, quality content comes before anything these days.

3. copyninja

copyninja The Dojo Member affiliate

I love long tails, but I just might be biased since I'm a writer. :p

4. Andy Haskins

Andy Haskins Affiliate affiliate

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing the results. It's great to see you taking a sensible approach. Be sure to follow the advice K has put and ask back with any questions you may have :)

5. Cavalier07

Thanks for the post guys. I'll post a quick update now of what I have gotten done in the first week

Week 1 Update

It's been a really bad week this week as I have had a massive glitch to deal with on my other site which caused me to go manually through over 2000 accounts and adjust their balances.

Anyway I now have wordpress setup and also everything working according to the guide K pointed me at here . I will be looking at adding content over the weekend and work on getting some traffic

6. K

K Administrator Administrator affiliate

Onwards and upwards man, how you getting on?

7. Cavalier07

Week 2 - Fin

This is going to be the shortest case study written as due to actions outta my control I have had to close down the site. Basically the company whose product I was promoting didn't like me using thier name in the domain and asked me to shut down the site and also blocked me from thier campaings, making the site worthless to me.

At least it's something I won't do again.

Lesson for the case study:
    Don't use the name of the product your promoting unless you have the owners prior concent else you could waste a lot of time

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed