The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

SEO: A Sinking Boat For CPA Marketers ?

Samrath Gupta

SEO has been a long time money maker or you can say like ” money tree ” for many affiliate marketers and made millions. BUT! Is everything still same like good old days?

Doesn’t seems like….

SEO was quite easy in old days but it is getting tougher day by day and with Big “G” releasing new updates every month, It is making it more difficult to rank websites. IN Good ol days.. It was as simple as building a new website > Add contents > Add your affiliate links > Blast your site and VOILA! Your site is on #1 rank for your desired Keyword.

But This trick no longer works!

Google is continously releasing new updates like Panda,Penguin and recently ” Humming Bird “. Hopefully sooner or later we will soon see some more Google’s pet animals like Lion,Deer,Bear,etc LOL!

The real search rankings are changing extensively as Google updated its SEO from panda to the penguin. There are some tricks established in the SEO which make you get an elevation in your ranking than your competitor. If you have your own website on the search engines like Google, Bing and others then the traffic of your website solely depends on them.

But does it affect the CPA marketers?

The advertisers all over the world pay CPA network for each of the specified actions that includes click, form submission or an impression. But recently a few Advertisers have stopped accepting SEO traffic to their offers. WHY ?

By accepting SEO traffic they are loosing their rankings as well as their profits. Wondering how they loosing money ? Lemme explain..

When a advertisers website looses its ranking and an affiliates site gets on top, The advertiser will have to pay the network a XX amount as they agreed to pay on free trial or whatever action. Now you getting the point why advertisers are now hating SEO?

YES! You got it right! Affiliates who are using SEO to rank the sites for the Advertisers brand KW’s are killing the profits of advertisers and thats what they have started hating! They dont want someone else to reap their profit!

Due to recent google update, A lot of affiliates websites got wiped away as usual and a lot of affiliates are not getting enough traffic on their website. Its getting hard to rank sites like before so affiliates are also quitting SEO and going towards paid media like Facebook ads, 7search,etc..

The changes which are made on the Google SEO is allowing a huge number of small scale websites and ads from many unknown companies to get optimization. The actual goal of the Google algorithm was to provide fresh website and latest ads to the users. But this major move by the Google has definitely hampered the profit of CPA networks hence the advertisers are not accepting SEO traffic to their offers.

Has Google update also wiped your profits or sites? Got any comments ? Feel free to share below!

Regards
~Sam~
Affiliate Marketing Tips And Strategies

I'm intrigued to see how it has affected people also. Last week saw a 43% decrease in organic traffic on one of my sites however it's returning to normal now. Bounce rate also increased 1% but it's heading down again.

Hi Sam, first of all: great to see you again :)

My thoughts on the SEO problem with the advertisers: "... a few Advertisers have stopped accepting SEO traffic ... When a advertisers website looses its ranking and an affiliates site gets on top, "

Is that not a pretty short-sighted view? I mean, many affiliates will rank the same advertiser for many different keywords. Keywords, of which the advertiser himself has not even thought of and for which the advertiser would not rank ... Long story short: By stopping accepting SEM traffic the advertiser will loose much publicity in the search engines, advertising spaces which they never will have by themselves.

Another argument for SEM: Let's think of amazon, the world's biggest online retailer. I can not imagine that they would stop their partner programs, just because an affiliate is ranked three places higher than amazon. They would be idiots, if they would give up this sales potential. Just my 2 €uro-cents ;)

Last edited:

Hey Marc - I just came back for you ;)

My thoughts on the SEO problem with the advertisers: "... a few Advertisers have stopped accepting SEO traffic ... When a advertisers website looses its ranking and an affiliates site gets on top, "

Is that not a pretty short-sighted view? I mean, many affiliates will rank the same advertiser for many different keywords. Keywords, of which the advertiser himself has not even thought of and for which the advertiser would not rank ... Long story short: By stopping accepting SEM traffic the advertiser will loose much publicity in the search engines, advertising spaces which they never will have by themselves.

Believe it or not, It is HAPPENING! Advertisers are simply not accepting SEO traffic because affiliates are over ranking them and I'm afraid in future maybe more advertisers can follow the same pattern!
Another argument for SEM: Let's think of amazon, the world's biggest online retailer. I can not imagine that they would stop their partner programs, just because an affiliate is ranked three places higher than amazon. They would be idiots, if they would give up this sales potential. Just my 2 €uro-cents ;)

Advertisers can do anything :D :D

Hey Marc - I just came back for you ;)

Believe it or not, It is HAPPENING! Advertisers are simply not accepting SEO traffic because affiliates are over ranking them and I'm afraid in future maybe more advertisers can follow the same pattern!

Advertisers can do anything :D :D

When you post an article on some sites then you will also get a couple of backlinks for your website. These backlinks are quality links which are important to any seo campaign.

Webmasters browse article directory sites and if they find an on topic quality article then they will syndicate it to their blogs or article sites

Well I think a lot of the practices some people employ in their SEO has bought about these changes. Google got to number 1 on a business strategy of providing relevant, high quality results for search queries entered by it's uses.

Enter the SEO people trying to "game" the system. Go and buy an EMD, get article, respin 100 times, add to article directories for "link juice" and hey presto you are on the first page for the keyword you are targeting. Works good for the marketers, provides junk search results for Google.

So, Google removes the keyword tool and slaps these junk sites to the bottom of the pile. Quite frankly, from a business perspective I'd do exactly the same thing. They want unique, informative, quality content showing up on the first page of their search results and if you are willing to put the effort in and give them what they want I don't see any problems for legitimate SEO.

Why they have encrypted search results could also have something to do with protecting it's users from unauthorised NSA spying. Possibly, it’s a move to increase ad sales. Or both. Welcome to the confusing world of Google secure search.

I don't really think this is the end for SEO and CPA - I just feel as ever you need to adapt.

I know many people who's SERPS have hit the roof since the recent change.

Here's a tip, in your titles don't use phrases use questions.

So instead of "CPA Marketing", "What is CPA Marketing?"

Very nice tip there K, Yes I did hear that big G is trying to be intelligent by being as human friendly as possible. Using questions is indeed a great plus for our sites.

MI
Back