The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Scary Affiliate Network Agreements???

Linda Buquet

affiliate
From the 5 Star Blog - Copied here for discussion.

Following is an email I got from a woman who sounds very intelligent but admits being new to affiliate marketing. I wonder if most affiliate network agreements sound "scary" and too filled with warnings and legalese or if CJ's is really more intimidating than most.

<blockquote>"I read your CJ posts over at the 'xyz' forum all the time. I was about to sign up with Commission Junction, but their lengthy agreement seems almost adversarial and threatening, so I've stopped short of signing on, several times... Is this a good company to align with - or not? I am amazed at the legalese and endless jargon they expect people to wade through and found it a little <strong>scary</strong>...
What is your take on this? I'm new to the affiliate business and would like to partner with a group that has a good, collaborative attitude - at least something a little more user friendly than this! The way it's phrased, it seems like they are anticipating wrongdoing, for the most part! Thanks for any thoughts and/or advice on this!"</blockquote>
I replied "CJ is about the biggest affiliate network so they have to be careful of fraud and have strict agreements. It?s actually in your best interest because it helps weed out unethical marketers..."

Do most newbie affiliates even read the fine print in these agreements? They should but really, do they??? So what do you think about CJ's agreement vs others? Is it really that scary?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

MI
Back