The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Sam's Tutorials #1 :: BANK From Christmas Sales/Coupons

sam93

Yep, it's that time of year again. Christmas! Woo for some, Bah Humbug for others.. but either way there's a tonne of money to be made from it. Unfortunately we're a bit too late to make money from people buying gifts before Christmas, but fear not... I have an awesome way to monetize the Christmas blues.

Introduction...

Okay so we'll be making money with coupons. Why? Well because after Christmas everyone tends to be out of money and looking for a good deal on everything.

Finding coupons that work/are legit online is easy. Just type "Coupons" into Google. Yeah like I said, pretty easy.

I'll give you a good site as an example: RetailMeNot.com

Lva9fSL.png

There are a bunch of coupons on this site, for all kinds of niches. Take a look at example ones below (today's top coupons):

cZI9Rv8.png

For this example I'm going to use a fake coupon that I'm just making up for the purpose of this tutorial "2 for 1 Movie Tickets" (this may even exist, haven't checked).

Your site

Okay so you've chosen your coupon? If not, what are you doing here.. go back to the introduction and choose one! :ninja:

Whether you're making a Blogger, Wordpress or custom site.. make it look legitimate! After all, you are offering a real coupon. Here are some tips I've learned over the past few years to make your site look really good and keep conversions wickedly high:

1. Tailor a site to EACH coupon: don't create a site and throw 50 million coupons onto it or you're not going to make money! Sites like RetailMeNot.com already have that covered... people will be coming to you because you're offering something unique (or what they think is unique). If you tailor a site to ONE coupon it's going to make it look exclusive and awesome.

2. Use those email submit offers you see as an example, you know the ones... "WIN A VOUCHER FOR $500 TO SPEND AT X" Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

PJyerwz.png

Those types of site look awesome and are perfect for what we're looking for. But instead of a box for an email and a submit button you're going to want a button that says something like "GET YOUR COUPON" Perhaps similar in design to this:

4HEEz30.png

3. Less is more: Don't clutter your page with a bunch of useless information. Pretty much all you need is a title/image/button... in that order:

"GET 2 FOR 1 ON MOVIE TICKETS"

*IMAGE HERE*

*BUTTON HERE*

Pretty easy, eh?!

Time to monetize

Woo yeah, lets make some $$$. "How are we going to monetize coupons though??" I hear you ask.

Good question, pretty simple really.. How about a content locker when someone hits the "Claim your coupon" button? Have a content locker appear when they hit that button with a nice background image and instructional text similar to this "Complete a SHORT survey to claim your coupon and help keep this site FREE!".

Then on your content locker (on whatever network you're using) have it redirect on completion to a page where your coupon is displayed. Users are rewarded for their hard work and you earn a couple of bucks, couldn't be better!

Time to promote

"Okay so I have this awesome site, but no visitors??" Good point, lets get people interested in what you have to offer. Luckily for us there are tonnes of people crawling all over social media looking for coupons and freebies. Instagram is my method of choice, but the same method can be applied to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest etc.

Lets create a new Instagram account, don't want everyone clicking on your profile to see those horribly embarrassing selfies (Oh, that's just me?)

We'll upload a picture that has something to do with the coupon you're promoting, the example below is great for our example "2 FOR 1 Movie Coupon":

pJhrv4C.png

Don't forget to hashtag that baby! That's how we're going to get our visitors! Here are a few tips:

1. Add hashtags for trending movies. If someone is going to see Anchorman tonight, most likely they'll instagram that hashtag first. They see your picture and think they can get a free pass to see it? They're going to be interested.

2. Add hashtags for your niche too. You're not going to get a huge amount of people search #2For1Movie but those who do are going to see your photo... because you're not going to get a lot of people uploading an image with that hashtag either! REMEMBER TO ADD YOUR WEBSITE URL TOO.

3. More is better. Don't just upload one image! Upload a few more variations and switch up the hashtags. Maybe do one for all the hottest movies out at the moment?

Time to promote (part 2)

"NO SAM I DON'T WANT TO USE SOCIAL MEDIA!!!" Okay gotcha, lets do this differently then... using our good old favourite: YouTube.

"lololol how many people will search for coupons on YouTube?? THAT'S STUPID" Yeah you're probably right, I don't know how many people search for coupons on YouTube... but I sure as hell know people search for how to get free shit on there.

1. Upload a video that's titled "How to get Movie tickets FREE [DEC 2013]" or similar. Adding the month and year grabs peoples attention as they know the method is working right now.

2. Record a video of you talking (TALKING IS SO IMPORTANT, IT IMPROVES CONVERSIONS HUGELY) and going through the steps on how to obtain your 2 For 1 coupon on your site. Even tell the user upfront you have to do a survey and STRESS how easy it is to complete them.

3. Tag your video and add your link to the description. Don't over tag though!

Conclusion and final thoughts

You got all the way through! Congrats, have a cookie:

lighter-chocolate-chip-cookies1.jpg

So yeah, that's how to make money from the Christmas Blues. Like I said after Christmas everyone is looking for a good way to make money... there is nothing wrong with taking the initiative to monetize that.

BONUS TIP:

Are you promoting shitty niches like "Xbox Points Generator"? Come on, be honest! We've all been there at one point. Well here's a good way to make your niches legit.. with coupons.

Maybe, somewhere out there you might find a coupon for Microsoft Points. Turn your generator niches into "HOW TO GET CHEAP XBOX POINTS". Then BAM: you're compliant because people are getting what they wanted.

This doesn't just work for points generators but all of those fake niches you've been promoting. Just think outside the box :)

Thanks for reading. Got any questions? Post them below!

Last edited:
hand_applause.jpg

Great presentation, love your witty writing style!

Thanks for this guide, it has the rusty cogs of my brain starting to turn.

banners
Back