The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Sales!! The Hard Work is Paying Off!!

genuwine4532

affiliate
Got sales on my site!!!!!

So AM does work! I am here to to testify to that fact, and all the sleepless nights and endless hours of work does have a purpose and a payoff! And believe me there were many nights when I was starting to doubt it. But hearing of other's successes kept me going.

I am glad that I believed enough in the support that I have gotten from others here and the words of wisdom that always stayed with me like, "in AM you have to stick with it" "failure is a part of the success" "try, fail and try again" "follow your passion and the money will follow". For me the biggest part was believing in the tools and using the tools that I learned and implementing them, and even when I felt discouraged, I kept pressing on and believing and just doing it mostly because I knew from others that AM works if you put it to work.

So I am glad I did and now I am starting to see some of the rewards!!

Thanks everyone for all the support and answers along the way. :D

genuwine4532, congratulations to you.

I've read several success stories by 5 Star members who were thankful for the help they received here. It is always good to see.

It is good that you didn't give up and that you realized that it does take time and work.

The sad thing is there are many people who buy ebooks that promise them the "secret" to almost instant wealth. and too many of those people believe everything should happen quickly with almost no effort on their part.

A lot of those people have become members here and were able to get on the right track.

Thanks for letting us know about your progress and the role 5 Star Affiliate Marketing Forums played in it.

genuwine4532, congratulations to you.
It is good that you didn't give up and that you realized that it does take time and work. The sad thing is there are many people who buy ebooks that promise them the "secret" to almost instant wealth. and too many of those people believe everything should happen quickly with almost no effort on their part.

Thank you Larwee,

It is exactly that REALISTIC attitude that allows me to keep going, it does take time and hard work to see results, lots of effort has to be put in and if you really want it, go after it, don't give up and get it!! There is no magic!! And that is certainly a consistent theme in the 5 star forums.

No one "makes millions while they sleep" after typing some adds, as some of the "guru" scams will have you believe. I actually came really close to purchasing some of these products several times, thank god I was always broke and had to find free info, and as far as AM goes Free info is bountiful and most effective, such as what is found in this great forum!! :D

genuwine4532,

It means more than you know and does my heart good when we hear that we've helped someone turn the corner and start to earn revenue. We try really hard to help people and our members are a big part of the support you've gotten too.

Thanks for the thanks and keep on truckin!

PS You are responsible for my 1st Twit about the forum.
I twittered about you! Follow me! https://twitter.com/LindaBuquet

Thank You Linda

WOW!! Thank you Linda, I feel just like a (5) STAR!!

I really appreciate your words and it just supports the general aura/feeling of this forum which for me is like coming home where you get all the support, encouragement and care of family, as well as honest and comprehensive answers needed to succeed!!

THANKS EVERYONE!! :D

Well done! :) Excellent effort.

Perhaps you can share some of what you have been doing with us, I for one am interested in hearing about it :)

Thank you!!

Thanks Longroad,

Well I used BANS (build a niche store--for ebay auctions) and built a store, I got BANS because I liked the fact that you could build a site quickly without technical expertise.

I was apprehensive about BANS at first because I thought-- why would anyone want to buy from a BANS store when they could just go to ebay, BUT then I thought about ebays user friendliness and it has become soooo saturated with items, and adds and al the other stuff on their website so I marketed my store from the stand point of "ebay auctions presented in a user friendly storefront" showcasing my particular ebay item category. And several of my sales have come from all ready registered ebay users, so they must have liked that.

When building the store I was careful to choose VERY LOW COMP KW, within my niche, the niche has very high competition, but there were several longtails that were low comp and well targeted for conversions. So I used those in the meta tags and followed Linda's instructions for optimal meta tags, here is the link to that:
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...ting-seo-forum/10217-meta-tags.html#post30930

Then I also used low comp highly targeted kw to write several content how-to type pages for the store. AND I put KW in H1 headers on ALL pages of my store at the top of the each page.

Then I submitted the URL to all major and minor search engines including of course Google, which has been crawling my store regularly about every 7-9 days and indexing more and more pages each crawl. I "stumbled" my site and pretty much found every possible place to add my site too, the list is long.

Then I did LOTS and LOTS of article marketing, again using the low comp targeted KW and automatic article submission for optimal and quickest exposure, as well as Hub pages and Squidoo lenses, the article marketing really amped up the indexing on both G and especially Yahoo through backlinks AND it also drove targeted traffic to my site through those article sites and their readers as well as the fact that those articles showed up high in search results due to the article sites themselves.

I also have been doing mass directory submissions and I have about 170 links in directories so far.

I also joined a forum for my niche and made some meaningful contributions and was then allowed a link in my signature and have gotten traffic from there too.

I also use USfree ads, I am a dedicated believer in them, I get lots of traffic through the classified ads I place there for my store AND once again, I always use targeted LOW comp KW, in the title and H1 tags in the add itself, and G loves USfree ads and those ads quickly hit page 1 and 2 for their respective KW. As well as the fact that USfree gets lots of traffic directly to its site.

I also have a blog on Blogger that I linked to my store, not sure of the effectiveness of that yet BUT the blog gets traffic and there is a link to my store and also the adds get clicks. I listed my blog with Technoratti and ping them with every update as well as pingoat, pingo-matic and I saw more traffic in the days following.

I also SOCIAL BOOKMARK all my articles with Digg, Dropjack, Stumble, Magnolia etc... This gets traffic and those sited rank high in serps and so articles usually end up on page 1 within a day.

Also I am a true believer in links, so I cross link EVERYTHING that I can, my blog links to all my hubs and squidoo's and my hubs link to each other and squidoos and my squidoos link to each other and all the hubs, and of course there is a link to my store on EVERYTHING, I noticed that since I started doing that the squidoo lenses ranked higher. It's that backlink magic once again. I have also spent time building a strong network on HUB pages so I gets lots of traffic to my hubs which has made them rank higher in the serps.

For me the MAIN thing has been KW, they always rear their ugly heads, BUT they are key (ironic and fundamental). LOW competition and highly TARGETED for sales and conversions. I like the KW's that start with "buy" for example because it is more likely that those surfers are looking to buy something and not just surfing. And for articles I look again for KW's that start with How to Buy..." or "Best Deals on..." "How to buy a cheap..."

For my research on number of searches as well as KW ideas I use seobook.com, mainly the free SEO Book Keyword Suggestion Tool Seo Book Keyword Suggestion Tool
and then for competition analysis I just use G and always search for allintitle:"kw". Yet another great thing I learned from Linda on this forum.

I do not focus too much on the number of searches, if they are low that's ok, it's the competition that I am more concerned with, because when the comp is low then my site AND articles will rank much higher and quicker and stay there for the long term. I prefer KW with 5,000 or less in competition results, that is what I was taught is optimal and it works.

OH I also put a sign on the back of my car with my store url!! AND I advertise on Craigslist!

Lastly, I haven't slept much in the last two months NOR have I left my computer. :eek: BUT whatever it takes....

Wow genuwine4532. Thanks for so openly sharing the things you are
doing and have tried to help our members. I wish everyone was that open.

Thanks Linda!

Thanks Linda,

It's really for selfish reasons...makes me feel important!;)

Actually I follow the examples of posts like Jim's http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...e-content-s-not-what-you-think.html#post21780

That comprehensive highly detailed post saved me sooo much time in having to constantly rewrite the many articles I was writing, that whatever I can give back and hopefully help others is what I believe these forums are all about!!

Congrats! I remember that feeling. I wasn't even looking for it. Just signed into my SAS account one day and BAM - there was money. I think I yelled out loud. And I wasn't even working that hard.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks genuwine4532,

You are so generous. Glad that I found this thread. :D

Will try to follow your path and hope I too will be as successful as you.

T:D hank you.

genuwine: The embarassing part was that the sales did not come from hard work. I bought some data feed software. You give it is datafeed and it creates and instant generic shopping site. It was ugly, boring and right off the shelf.

Yet that has been the only that has made any money for me. My hours and hours of PHP and MySQL coding have not yielded jack. I may need a Linda treatment.

for patrick

genuwine: The embarassing part was that the sales did not come from hard work. I bought some data feed software. You give it is datafeed and it creates and instant generic shopping site. It was ugly, boring and right off the shelf.

Yet that has been the only that has made any money for me. My hours and hours of PHP and MySQL coding have not yielded jack. I may need a Linda treatment.

Hey Patrick--Whatever Works!!

MI
Back