The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Review of my first site

I have a site up with one article, chosen keywords, pictures, etc. I'm targeting consumer drones. I just launched this site 2 days ago, so yes there is little content, but I'm looking for responses that offer substantial critique and criticism, not "it looks like it was made in WP".

I understand that but you get what whoever wants to reply to your thread. I gave you a review of your website from what was there to be looked at.

I hope it works out for you @Kenny Bergquist

I have a site up with one article, chosen keywords, pictures, etc. I'm targeting consumer drones. I just launched this site 2 days ago, so yes there is little content, but I'm looking for responses that offer substantial critique and criticism, not "it looks like it was made in WP".
He can't give you any constructive criticism or advice because there isn't enough content on the website to do so.

The picture of the drone in the air should cover the entire screen "above the fold". Only after you start to scroll down there should be white screen with text.

To be honest it just looks like a basic WP setup, and not even the best template. Also it doesn't show anything nor say anything. So i can't tell you my opinion till there is some content and more to look at.

I agree with Dennis. It does not look as if it is the best template for your site. Well although there isn;t one best template, but you really need to customize and choose an appropriate template so that your website is appealing enough to let people see you as an authority in drone review. And you got to collect and give hard solid reviews. Lastly, try to go in your potential prospect/buyers mind and ask yourself: "what do i want to get from this website?"

Show them the how to...etc. Focus on your prospects/buyers Problems, Implication, and Needs.

Even without content, there's no consistency in your messaging or purpose. Is this a hobbyist site or are you trying to sell something? I hope this isn't one of those push button/scraping scripts that pulls pics and litters the site with Amazon affiliate links. It'll be over before it starts.

My recommendation:
  • Pick three drones.
  • Research all you can about them.
  • Take that research and create content.
  • Become the “authority” for those three drones.
What does the “dram” part of your domain name even mean? I know what the acronym means in relation to computing, but maybe it's a new term I'm ignorant about.

it's not wp @DennisIPedersen i have seen the html source code it's full of mistakes
like this
Code:
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1"></meta>
meta tag it's self close :)
##################
@Kenny Bergquist where is the Footer , the websites needs lots of improvements.
i will suggest you go and take a look at your competitors and see there websites that' will inspire you :)
Good luck @Kenny Bergquist.

it's not wp @DennisIPedersen i have seen the html source code it's full of mistakes
like this
Code:
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1"></meta>
##################
i will suggest you go and take a look at your competitors and see there websites that' will inspire you :)
I saw something in the bottom saying bootstrap so i kinda guessed that, but it still looks like one of the more ordinary WP templates.

I'm a web developer but don't do much front end work. I guess what I'm looking for is more specific advice on how I can change the look and feel of the site, since I'm familiar with html/css/js etc...

I'm constantly updating and tweaking the look and feel. So far my conversion rate is around 7%, however that's being heavily padded by free/discounted PPC deals.

I've updated the footer and given the front page a new look. Appreciate what you all have said so far.

like this
Code:
##################

I mean the meta tag doesn't necessarily have to be self close. I use slim, a preprocessor for HTML. If you'd like, take a look at my mobile site and see what you think

Last edited:
dronedram.com

There is always a tension between flashy product images with clickbait headlines, and in developing a site that leads with in-depth review articles. Looks like you intend to go with flash and bait.

I've found that the further a visitor is in the buying cycle, the more in depth review the buyer is looking for. And buyers deep in the buying cycle convert better.

Have you thought much about who your target visitor is, where the visitor is in the buying cycle, and how you are going to drive traffic to your site, plus how much it will take on average to get a visitor?

I would let those questions weigh more heavily on my decision of how to build out a site than questions of do you like it is it pretty? I would take ugly (and boring) over anything else; as long as ugly (and boring) made me money.

If you do decide to stay with high gloss product images and clickbait headlines, I might suggest going with a more traditional news/magazine template.

I know that is more of a response than an answer, but I hope it helps. Remember: test, test, then? Test!

There is always a tension between flashy product images with clickbait headlines, and in developing a site that leads with in-depth review articles. Looks like you intend to go with flash and bait.

I've found that the further a visitor is in the buying cycle, the more in depth review the buyer is looking for. And buyers deep in the buying cycle convert better.

Have you thought much about who your target visitor is, where the visitor is in the buying cycle, and how you are going to drive traffic to your site, plus how much it will take on average to get a visitor?

I would let those questions weigh more heavily on my decision of how to build out a site than questions of do you like it is it pretty? I would take ugly (and boring) over anything else; as long as ugly (and boring) made me money.

If you do decide to stay with high gloss product images and clickbait headlines, I might suggest going with a more traditional news/magazine template.

I know that is more of a response than an answer, but I hope it helps. Remember: test, test, then? Test!
To be honest I have not given these questions much thought, but it helps to be asked them. Yes, my plan was to initially start with clickbait. The reason is I want to be able to justify spending time in affiliate marketing, and seeing direct conversions was in my opinion the best way to do that. It has been successful in that I've seen 12 or so orders so far. My interest has been piqued. If I could pivot any of the sites I've created into profitable blogs with real, well-informed content, that would be great.

MI
Back