The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Redirects

First, if running any site that relies on Google, Google Webmaster Tools, and Google Threat Assessment, doing this will raise loads of red flags for which Google will penalize your site.

That said, affiliates use these for a number of reasons.

One, a simple cloak is simply using a link shortner like bitly. The practice became popular for a couple of reasons. One to make the link look pretty as most affiliate links are not. Second, it hides the affiliate information in your link. Both good practices, but not always acceptable by some ad platforms.

Second, cloaking also is when you have a script that shows a specific page (or site) to a specific set of inquirers, and a different page (or site) to everyone else. This is a common practice among affiliates to "game the system" of ad platforms like FB and Google, among others, so that you can advertise products,services, or use a practice in conflict with their respective TOS. If you get caught, you get banned in most instances.

As per my knowledge goes Google checks ads manually, then how come affiliates can achieve their goal by cloaking in your terms? If affiliates target some page for Google and others for visitors then manual checking can identify this then how come they use affiliate link and I have seen many cases that they are doing smoothly without any account ban.

As per my knowledge goes Google checks ads manually, then how come affiliates can achieve their goal by cloaking in your terms? If affiliates target some page for Google and others for visitors then manual checking can identify this then how come they use affiliate link and I have seen many cases that they are doing smoothly without any account ban.

Good question, I don't know how they get away with it. Maybe they don't. Like you said, Google has systems in place to prevent. Some affiliates are pretty smart and find ways. I think most of them get discovered.

banners
Back