Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Recruiting affiliates

BobanV

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Affilicom
Hi,

We are running affiliate network and we are looking for affiliates. We have some nice converting UK offers in Lead gen, Insurance, Loans, Credit cards and even Bingo verticals.
Can you give me some advice how to reach and recruit affiliates?

Thanks,

Boban

So does everyone else; you (CPANetworks) all say the exact same thing, we have some nice converting this and that. EVERYONE SINGLE ONE OF YOU SAYS THE SAME THINGS.

Try and put yourself in the shoes of affiliates, and think what could a cpa network tell you an affiliate that'd get your attention and want to sign up with them.

I can't tell you this, as I do paid consulting for many CPA Networks at a premium; but the above should help street your thinking in the right direction.

Actually, it doesn't matter what I said about our offers. I didn't ask for affiliates, I asked for some advice where and how to find those ones. Blog post, LinkedIn groups, etc. If you cannot answer to things like this (sure, if we are not premium ;)), then I really cannot see what's your point here

Boban,
it's basically all about getting yourself (and your network) seen as much as possible, but by the right people (to avoid the fraudsters and trolls ;)).
LinkedIn can work well, be selective on the groups you join and check the dates on posts to see how active each group is before joining. Read the groups rules as well, as some don't allow network promotions. I think the limit is around 50 groups, the only thing that may hold you up is that they have a maximum limit of pending requests, so if you don't get let into a group after a day or so, send a message to the admin, if they don't respond to your message in another day or so, drop that group from your list and move on. LI also has a stats page, so you can see how many people have read your post.
Facebook is possible but it's a slow start. The FB police will block you from applying to groups if you apply to a lot too quickly. That basically stops you from doing anything for however long the block lasts, it can be a couple of weeks. They do have the option of running paid ads, I have no experience of that personally so I can't say if it works or not.
Twitter is another option, you can build up a bunch of "lists" quite quickly, but you are limited to 140 characters, so you need your tweet to be engaging but short, best way is to put a link in the tweet that takes people to a page with more details.
The main problem with those 3 is how much attention are your posts actually getting? I found the groups didn't get much of a response, as if nobody really reads them. Better responses come from spending the time searching for possible candidates with your keywords, adding them individually and then engaging them with personal messages as well as posts.
Affiliate forums like this are obviously a great place, if you can find a forum that is active with genuine affiliates, not populated by a bunch people who are just trying to sell each other their latest product , or responding to posts to say they can't answer a simple question unless you pay them! :p You should also check the forum rules, some require a minimum number of posts before you can promote your network, and your promotion must be submitted in the right place or it will be removed.
Hope that helps, let us know how it's working out.

Mick

And that I call feedback! Thank you for your time, man, really appreciate it.
From the date of this post is madden till now I recruit some affiliates, mostly from this forum. Quality is not so great but I suppose it needs some time to pass to get to the super affiliate... But never give up ;)

Thanks one more, this was helpful.

Best,

Boban

One more thing, you probably have this already but I'll mention it anyway.
Make sure you have a solid screening process in place when you are approving affiliates. It's stunning how many fakes/fraudsters will try to get in! There's various software you can use to check traffic, you might want to check those out as well.
I spent some time in some of the more dodgy forums and there are a lot of posts with titles like "How to get accepted to any network" and "List of networks who don't call when you apply".
It's a shame, if they put as much time and dedication into just doing it right, they'd be making a lot more money.

Good luck!

We are working on HasOffers, so it's their sign up form...I can just interview affiliates...

Boban, try to identify your competitive advantages. There're so many such networks with perfect conditions for affiliates.
What is your strong side? Start from this.
To find the ways on how to recruit affiliate read the Affiliate Boot Camp by Shawn Collins you'll find the best working techiques (although they're not described very detailed you'll define the ways which are appropriate for you).

To find the ways on how to recruit affiliate read the Affiliate Boot Camp by Shawn Collins you'll find the best working techiques (although they're not described very detailed you'll define the ways which are appropriate for you).

Yeah, I read the book. :) I found it interesting but not so helpful, it's more about marketing approach to recruiting and managing affiliates. But, maybe the day will come when we will use many things we thought they are unuseful in the past :)

Thank you for your comment,

Boban

Yeah, I read the book. :) I found it interesting but not so helpful, it's more about marketing approach to recruiting and managing affiliates. But, maybe the day will come when we will use many things we thought they are unuseful in the past :)

Thank you for your comment,

Boban
I understand. Yes, this book just gives you a direction to learn further, it's something to start with. I've read it and decided to concentate on 3 ways which works great for my new program: social media, direct mailing and of course a website with blog.

Last edited:
And that I call feedback! Thank you for your time, man, really appreciate it.
From the date of this post is madden till now I recruit some affiliates, mostly from this forum. Quality is not so great but I suppose it needs some time to pass to get to the super affiliate... But never give up ;)

Thanks one more, this was helpful.

Best,

Boban

Boban,
you mentioned that you had been having some success recruiting through this site, do you know if that success has come from what you've done (posting your company on the resource page, posting in forums and contacting people directly) or have you had people coming to you as a result of their searches by keywords etc? I understand it might not be easy to tell which has worked best, I'm just curious.

Posting network as a resource is a great way. Also, following threads on forums, talking with people...no keywords
Great, thanks for the tips. I posted on the resource list yesterday, will see how well that works after the mods clear it.

banners
Back