The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Recently read a blog post from finch sells..

ProfitHacks

affiliate
Hi Both -

I recently read a blog post from "Finch Sells" which said " When a newbie logs in to TrafficJunky and buys a 300×250 banner for the whole of America, I can tell him with sad-eye certainty that he will not be making money in my lifetime.

Because his campaign is simply too fashionable.

It’s too fucking obvious.

You do not get profitable trying to conquer rush hour traffic with a bicycle and a $20 budget."

-- I see he mentioned the $20 budget thing but do you thing this is possible in this day with any amount of budget? Would we be better off investing more time in finding different sources and trying to monetize them?

Well $20 isn't a budget, its a tip after a round of beers.

We coach new affiliates on a daily basis - 90% of them start out with a budget of $1000 and higher... and months later they are still sending traffic and they wouldn't if they weren't profitable.
Just today i went over someones campaign on Tube8 with a $3000/day budget and after tweaking it for a while he is profitable after a week of buying data (buying traffic).

I am not saying i don't agree with the quote you posted, but it's not about the spot, its about the budget and the mindset. Mind and will power have moved continents so getting a placement on traffic junky can't be that hard.. It's all relative tho.. to some people $1,000 is the end of the world for others is a good night out. Sure theres competition on traffic junky but competition is nothing else than proof of concept. So someone is making money there and theres no reason why you shouldn't.

Keep in mind TJ is highly saturated with beginner affiliates learning the ropes. It's basically the POF of adult which drives the bid prices up. Then there are people that have run the same ad/placement for months on insane budgets.. overall it's just not easy but not impossible.

Hi Jay - thanks for the reply, I wasn't sure wether he stated that (the quote) because of the budget thing or just in general.

I've just raised enough to be able to have a $1000 so got a little knocked back by that statement.

Are you taking on new affiliates now? And is the minimum payout still $500?

Well $20 isn't a budget, its a tip after a round of beers.

We coach new affiliates on a daily basis - 90% of them start out with a budget of $1000 and higher... and months later they are still sending traffic and they wouldn't if they weren't profitable.
Just today i went over someones campaign on Tube8 with a $3000/day budget and after tweaking it for a while he is profitable after a week of buying data (buying traffic).

I am not saying i don't agree with the quote you posted, but it's not about the spot, its about the budget and the mindset. Mind and will power have moved continents so getting a placement on traffic junky can't be that hard.. It's all relative tho.. to some people $1,000 is the end of the world for others is a good night out. Sure theres competition on traffic junky but competition is nothing else than proof of concept. So someone is making money there and theres no reason why you shouldn't.

Keep in mind TJ is highly saturated with beginner affiliates learning the ropes. It's basically the POF of adult which drives the bid prices up. Then there are people that have run the same ad/placement for months on insane budgets.. overall it's just not easy but not impossible.

The point of running on a self serve platform isn't just for finding a profitable campaign immediately.

You want to use that to get experience, know what works, learn how to run campaigns, etc..

To many newcomers jump in looking to make a thousands in profit on their first campaign...

You lose money but gain tons of marketing experience which equals = Positive ROI

Even if you lost money.

With that being said, people are still making tons of money on TJ... Trust me on that.

...Just today i went over someones campaign on Tube8 with a $3000/day budget and after tweaking it for a while he is profitable after a week of buying data (buying traffic)...

What kind of tweaking can be done to get a break even campaign positive?

Thank you. :)

MI
Back