The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Rebrokered Traffic Sources?

krass

I'm learning how to scale a profitable campaign, which is an art in and of itself apparently. It's not easy. So I sign up to several traffic sources that claim to have xxx,xxx inventory per day on SPECIFIC carriers. WOW.

And then I bid a higher than average bid and get 10k pops per day.

My suspicion is that these kinds of traffic sources buy up traffic from other sources and pool them together. High volume, sure, but super expensive. Traffic brokerage - is that a thing?

These are convenient for brand advertisers so they don't have to sign up to 10 different sources to buy their media. But for performance advertisers it's hard to get this into green.

Sure, it is a real pain in the ass if you dont know about it. Normally you will not be "So" overcharged for that because is remanent traffic other couldnt sell at all. The key over there is not to be overcharged but as the traffic doesnt come from direct publishers they usually cant controll quality, placements, fraud as much they could if they can put their script in the publishers website. Wich ones are doing this? Lot of traffic sources. In fact that's the business of the exchanges and that's why you need to fight so much with fraud in exchanges. I found guys selling me crapy traffic throw a traffic source I will not reveal but is very popular for pops/display and they were reselling traffic and injecting fake traffic from a bunch of crapy sites of the world.

At the end of the day your work in performance should be 50% block crappy websites. Performance for a media marketer is a fight club arena against fraud and sometimes we all have sort kind of fault of that.

I do think that it is a good move that the brokers I doing. You see the whole Idea of pooling the traffic together and offering a single package is better than ever before. I am however just curious to know the sources of the traffics that they are doing the pooling. This is to make sure that they are true and valid. Otherwise we will suffer.

MI
Back