The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

question about email marketing content

Kay Huang

affiliate
I want to know if it's good to put valuable content directly all in the emails, or put content in a blog or website, and put a link in the email to have the subscribers click through to get to the content site?

Which one is better? Blog or website? I felt like blog is a bit unorganized, you update a new blog and the content are just in order of the date. In a website you can group similar content under a big topic. Seems more easier for the readers to find similar contents.

I would say you should go with what you're more comfortable with. What I mean by that is yes a website could be more organized, but it's a bit more work to maintain. A blog is easier maintenance and if you pick the right platform it would be as organized as you desire. Or you could go to another extreme and setup an email newsletter where all content is shared via email and optionally re-posted on a blog.

The best way for you to handle this is by having a blog that has the detailed content about what you want to offer. Then when it comes to the emails, you will only give a snippet of what they will expect when they visit the blog. It also helps in giving the urge to visit the blog. Avoid very long emails for they are boring to read. Keep them short and to the point with relevant links.

Hi Kay,

I would personally go for a website, there are some great themes out there which allow you to create an online magazine style site, which as you say allows you to group content in relevant categories rather than just date order.

In terms of what to include in your emails I would suggest including a snippet of an article which is on your website or blog, and make sure you entice readers to click through and continue reading the full article. You can tease them with great headlines and an intriguing intro as this will encourage more email subscribers to come through and visit the site. From there you can then filter readers through to other pages on your site.

As Dr. forum said try not to make the emails too long, give enough information to spark interest but not so much it becomes boring or time consuming as people tend to check emails on the go/mobile so may want to bookmark your site to read at a later stage.

Good luck :)

The only way to know for sure is to test. You could go a step further and let your leads "decide" by having them participate in survey without it looking like a survey.

Some people like reading in their email client.
Some people like reading in their browser.
A significant number of people don't like reading at all. Some people would rather you read aloud the context you wrote verbatim. What's funny is that some people will pay for it.

Everything depends on a length of content. Remember that email which you will be sent to your potential customer should be not too long, has a catchy email subject lines, should be in personal style, has called to action. In my opinion, along valuable content should publish on a blog. Because you can use it to SEO and generate extra traffic on a website.

MI
Back