The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Purchased domain and hosting. How do I use wordpress now?

void250

affiliate
Hey all,

I have used wordpress before but only for a .wordpress.com site. I have never used it to edit/build another site.

I used namecheap to purchase a domain and also got hosting through them. How do I now get the site into wordpress to build it?

Can I just start making a wordpress site and then change the URL/Domain name to the one I purchased?

I hope I didn't mess up already, lol.

Last edited:
1st step add your to domain to hosting - you do this by changing the name servers in your namecheap

namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/767/10/how-can-i-change-the-nameservers-for-my-domain

2 In Your Web hosting control panel Add your Domain where it says Addon domain click that
then type out your domain name

3 Install wordpress
webhostinghub.com/help/learn/wordpress/getting-started/install-through-cpanel

Last edited:
1st step add your to domain to hosting - you do this by changing the name servers in your namecheap

namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/767/10/how-can-i-change-the-nameservers-for-my-domain

2 In Your Web hosting control panel Add your Domain where it says Addon domain click that
then type out your domain name

3 Install wordpress
webhostinghub.com/help/learn/wordpress/getting-started/install-through-cpanel

Thanks a lot for the reply. I failed to see my email with the cp login and was just completely lost. Feeling like an idiot. Got it now!

MI
Back