The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Psychology of Winning the Affiliate Game - The A.I.M. Forum

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Anyone can learn the nuts and bolts of affiliate marketing or any other type of online marketing. There are tons of gurus and ebooks training programs that want to show you the way.

Developing a "super affiliate" mindset or embracing the psychology of winning, is not something that can be taught - however it CAN be developed. There are tips and tools that can help you gain more success - with less work AND with a greater sense of personal satisfaction. My .:. "A.I.M." is to help you discover techniques that can put you on a more profitable path.

Affiliates, SEO's and many work at home affiliate managers face isolation, frustration at times lose focus easily and realize how hard it can be to stay self-motivated and on-track.

<strong>One of my goals when I started this blog was to offer motivational and success conditioning resources to affiliates, managers and online marketers. It never happened. I got caught up in all the affiliate, SEO, ad blocking, cooking eating, parasite issues that affect our industry. </strong>

<strong>Success Starts Within!</strong> Long ago, in a previous life, I was a sales trainer and motivational speaker. At my core that's still what I love to do - help people find the inner strength to be more successful! I promise I will stick to my goal and provide more of these types of posts and resources in the future.

With the right attitude ANYONE can learn to be successful. If you are already successful, the right attitude and a few tools can help you achieve even more!

<strong>In 2007 I re-commit to focusing as much on blogging about personal self development tools</strong> for affiliates as I do on datafeeds, niche finding tools, industry news and other nuts and bolts type of information. So I just launched a new blog category called <strong><a target="_new" href="http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/category/affiliate-inspiration-motivation/">A.I.M. Affiliate Inspiration & Motivation</a>. </strong> I've included some of my past blog entries that focus on the "personal" part of what it takes to grow a successful online business.

.:. Affiliates: Staying Inspired and Getting Things Done
.:. 10 Secrets Of Super Affiliates - Mindset Matters
.:. Work From Home Motivation
.:. Affiliate Boredom - How to Stay Motivated
.:. Motivation Gone Wild - Internet Marketing Success Starts Within!

<strong>You've heard the phrase "Attitude is EVERYTHING" well in our industry it's especially true. You can find all the best keywords, you can build a killer site, you can be an SEO ROCKSTAR - but if your attitude prevents you from focusing, if your attitude is lazy or filled with fear or negative self talk and won't allow you to be successful - then all the training in the world won't help you! If you need an attitude adjustment, you need to commit to start working on that EVERY day, in addition to working on the nuts and blots stuff. I'll help!</strong>

This week, in addition to blogging abut whatever industry news, views or tips I may write about, I commit to at least one article a day that I hope will be inspiring, motivational and provide new tools to help you develop the "Psychology of Winning the Affiliate Game".

I've heard lots of affiliates recently express how hard it is to focus in this business. A distracted marketer is, unfortunately, a poor marketer. Not because they don't try, but due to a lack of focus they can never seem to get started or find it hard to finish important projects. So the "power of focus" will be one thing I'll be writing about this week.

SOOOOOOO

Changed the name of the Success and Motivation forum to:

A.I.M. Affiliate Inspiration & Motivation Forum
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Please help me by only posting ideas about how to stay positive, tips and tools for developing a winning attitude and sharing success stories and that type of thing. I tried to move most of the other threads that dealt with nuts and bolts and how-to stuff out of there. This forum is now only for success, motivation, goal setting and attitude related info.

You can also post about negative emotions if you need help and support for issues dealing with procrastination, inability to focus, fear of success or any other attitude that you feel is holding you back from being as successful as you could be.

Great Topic!

I am glad you are doing this Linda! I try to stay motivated and positive by subscribing to newsletters from Jim Rohn and Dennis Waitley's (and others).

Here are some of their quotes:
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/jim_rohn.html
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/d/denis_waitley.html

I think at the end it all comes down to working hard, but one must stay positive and focused over long periods of time - and any source of positive thinking and motivation is always welcomed. I'll be following your posts, Linda.

Success to All!

Thanks for sharing those Fernando. Appreciate it!

I'll have another article or 2 finished today.

Here are some good resources for FREE motivational audio programs.

Motivation Gone Wild - Internet Marketing Success Starts Within!
http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/2005/06/06/internet-marketing-success-motivation/

And there is a variety of good articles already at:
the Affiliate Inspiration & Motivation Blog
http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/category/affiliate-inspiration-motivation/

Anyone else have anything that helps them stay positive or motivated???

I wrote a post pertaining to mindset and goal achieving that you might want to check out here:

>>http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...tion-forum/5501-wow-truly-powerful-stuff.html

Online marketing definitely starts from within and thus achieving exteriorly once you reach a certain level.

The vision starts within and then manifests into your reality.

Also, never let someone tell you to stay on your feet, be realistic or get a reality check when they comment on the rare likelihood of your success (in their mind) because really, there is not such thing as reality in that term.

Time and time again throughout history man has achieved the most remarkable things regardless of what there environment thought was good, bad, indifferent, weird or just plain outright not possible.

Hope that helps.

Hi Linda (and everyone)!

You forum idea about mindset is a great idea. I dicovered through the last months in this business that our mindset is the number one factor that determine if you will succeed or not.

When people enroll in my organisation, I can't be their motivator (it's not what I need to do...) but even with the absolute best affiliate program and a baby step-by-step program, I can't change people for success but I can only refer them to positive articles, tips, etc.

Everyday, I write in a personal journal what made me happy today or what I am gratefull for. When I started this habit few years ago, it was a tough game at first, I was not able to write a single thing. Now, I write fews everyday. Here examples of what it can be:

- Had a nice lunch with a friend of mine
- I enjoyed the sunshine today
- I help someone answering questions about a particular subject that I know about
- I got 2 new members in my business today
- I have discovered this new Goundrey Australian Shiraz red wine
- My dad called me this morning about family golf tournament in July
- I spent 3 hours on my business today and I moved it forward
- I invited few friends for supper this weekend and we had a blast of fun
- Etc.

It's daily stuff that makes me happier and once in a while, let say in the past week, I read what made me happy and that's how I feed my mind with positive and more you feed it, more you become positive and the ball get rolling, you attract good things in life.

Here another quick 10 minutes video about what motivates me (I watch it every week) and this is the kind of stuff i feed my mind with as well:

The Nature of Success Movie

Enjoy life!

You know what I've learned from doing this? Some days I just don't want to do it. I feel burned out and I don't force myself. Or I will commit to only working on it for one hour. If I don't force myself, I find that I have extra motivation the next day because then it is fun again. Or sometimes I'll decide to learn something new just from reading forums instead of "working" on a project and that seems to feed my motivation.

I think that people who really want to make a career out of this, have to have an element of passion for it and to see it as fun. I know people who could never do what we do. They don't like techi stuff and have little interest in it, except for the money. Those are the affiliates that don't make it. If you geniunely enjoy learning it and trying new things to market, you will be successful and can get to a point of quitting your day job. I have already gone to part time in mine.

this is a great thread. can't wait to see other contributions in this thread. i hope to make a few contributions in the near future as well. great thread so far everyone. thanks.

That was a good post. Keeping the mindset really has to be taught.

It's not just about getting quality content out there, you also have to continue on the marketing side of things at all times.

psychology is the key...

For me a constant reminder is my 2 kids and wife. The fact that affiliate marketing & online marketing in general has been my success and they reap the benefit of it is mind-blowing. Believe it or not, the online marketing world , specially the affiliate marketing world is not that big, and to see some of the same people, doing well it always reminds me if they can do it so can I.. Stay focused and success will follow.
Just my thoughts

Thank You

Thank You, Linda for your words of encouragement and for your forum. Yes, it is very difficult to keep a focus on the endgame. However even harder is taking that giant step out of our sheltered boxes and choosing to go in a different direction from our normal stream of flow. I hope to find many answers here and build a good relationship with this informative forum.
Thank you, Kanwa

When you become successful your mindset changes from chasing the rainbow to having a ride on it and knowing you can do it. I took 2 1/2 years to earn a full time income in affiliate marketing. It was only after finding an area of marketing and sticking to it for a year that I slowly built success. Now the rest is history and alhtough I still work my *** off daily it is building on the success.

banners
Back