The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Prosper202 on Hostgator Shared Account?

Lipitive

affiliate
Hey, Finally I have now decided to try out the things that I am learning from long time while reading books and watching out videos. I have alrdy made a deposit at my 7search account and wanting to start my first campaign ever.

After reading all stuffs, I think its quit important to track the things. But the problem is I want to install Prosper202 on my Shared hosting (hostgator) plan.

I tried to make it work but got failed as it was giving me some type of error.

Is there any way to do it successfully as I saw some people on forums that they are using it over hostgator easily without any errors and for initial purpose I would like save as much money as I can.

Waiting for replies.

Thanks

You will be fine using it on a shared account, there may be limitations in the future depending on the amount of traffic (it can handle more than you imagine) but right now that's not a worry. It's great to see that you are implementing tracking straight away.

However, we're going to need more information on the errors your receiving before we can help you.

Try this tutorial,
Install Prosper202, The PPC Tracking Software on Shared Hosting - tjosm.com

Hey Thanks for your help and I will definitely try it out. Also do you think that The Traffic Black Book by Chad is a Good Course for initial training?

prosper 202 on shared hosting is fine for to a few hundred clicks after that you'll have to upgrade your hosting good luck in your cpa ventures

Thanks for the info. I would like to know tht how much clicks it can handle per hour?

I would say 100-120. But it's never about the number of clicks it can handle. It's about performance and speed. Proper202 will be slower on shared hosting. Most people will just close the page if it's taking too long to load. You'll still have to pay for the click even if user didn't see the landing page. And you might not even notice it's happening. Or you'll blame CPA network for not counting all hits.

And by saying 120 hits per hour, I mean 2 clicks per minute. It's something you can't get control over, I guess. If you're on big niche and big network, even if you set your budget to 120 clicks, you can end up getting those clicks within few minutes. Prosper202 might sill able to track every click. But it can go really slow. In worst cases it'll go down.

Hi Freddy63
just followed your sig file great post and great tutorial defiantly worth it great tips on saving on vps hosting
cheers

Hi Freddy63
just followed your sig file great post and great tutorial defiantly worth it great tips on saving on vps hosting
cheers

Glad you liked it mate! and good luck. Feel free to send me a PM if you face any problem. I'll be posting more stuff like that

I see no point using shared hosting for Prosper as you can just set up a free EC2 instance. Tested how many clicks a micro instance could handle and it was 18 clicks per second, roughly 65 000 clicks per hour and that's without memecache implementation.

I have written a pretty in depth guide on how to do this - Prosper202 on Amazon EC2

I wouldn't trust shared hosting for tracking my clicks. Hope the guide helps. :cool:

I think HG also has a tutorial on how to set this up on a shared account but for some reasons, it's not there anymore. Are they still supporting this?
1.gif
I wouldn't recommend installing prosper202 on share hosting plan.
Get a DO cloud server for like $5 per month instead and you will be able to a lot more clicks with less click loss.

MI
Back