The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Prosper202 Install Error.

olleper

affiliate
Hi Guys!!
Progressing here, have both Website and Database in order for the prosper202.

With good help from Luke's tutorial. - it almost worked.
I have this error message on the site though - any simple solution for me?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in D:\HostingSpaces\Ollep\prosper.mepstar.com\wwwroot\202-config\functions.php on line 231

Website; http www prosper.mepstar com
Cheers...

And Good Night from OZ..

olleper :confused:

Hi olleper,

This looks like an error I received last year when I tried installing P202 on a shared server. Are you using a shared server or a VPS?

T J

Hi TjTutor.
This is a VPS; Reseller Choice / http www resellerchoice com/
A 25 Top Domain hosting where I set up FTP, Mail and sub account as I Like.

This domain / website; http www prosper.mepstar com/ was a domain I set up specifically for the Prosper202
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in D:\HostingSpaces\Ollep\prosper.mepstar.com\wwwroot\202-config\functions.php on line 231

Thanks Mate...

OllePer

Did you check with the hosting company to be sure that the hosting plan you purchased has the minimum requierments P202 requires?

When you installed P202, did it walk you through the installation, asking for database, user, and password information?

When you finished installing P202, did it tell you the installation was successful?

If it did finish installing correctly, did it tell you to log-in to begin using P202?

These are important questions to verify. The parse error is showing an unusual directory configuration.

T J

Tahnks TJ - I'm working on it.

Do you have a URL to the requirements for P202 - or a text file?

Get a feeling it's incomplete install, maybe should wipe it and re-install?

Cheers...

OllePer...

To run Prosper202 your host just needs a couple of things:
Minimum Requirements, Less than 5,000 clicks a day
PHP version 5.0 or greater
MySQL version 4.0 or greater
High Volume Users, More than 5,000 clicks a day
PHP version 5.0 or greater
MySQL version 5.1 or greater
Please Note: Prosper202 will not run on a windows server.

That's really it. however Apache or Litespeed as the most robust and featureful server for running Prosper202, but any server that supports PHP and MySQL will do. That said, we can’t test every possible environment and each of the hosts on our hosting page supports the above and more with no problems.

For super affiliates, and high volume PPC traffic pushers, we recommend you have a dedicated server for our software. Have your host install MySQL 5.1 and memcache to take advantage of the highest performance configuration you can give towards Prosper202. When your sending Prosper202 thousands of clicks a day you want to make sure your on dedicated. You may want to contact us first if you do heavy volume and would like to use Prosper202, this will be to make sure everything is setup properly for you.

Ask for it

Here's a letter you can send to your host for the bare minimum requirements; copy and paste!

I'm interested in running Prosper202 <http://prosper.tracking202.com/apps/> a pay per click analytics software and I was wondering if my account supported the following:

PHP 5.0 or greater
MySQL 4.0 or greater
The mod_rewrite Apache module

If you did not get prompted during the install as I outlined previously, then you may need to re-install. Follow the instructions at this link, Prosper202 Documentation

Check your host for the minimum requirements, if they are in line with P202 minimum requirements then do a re-install following the instructions at the provided link.

Thanks TJ

Yes the hosting is fine.
This time I gave them the ZIP file and got this back from them;

We uncompressed it and when trying to run the installer by browsing the site, we get the same error:
[04-Sep-2013 14:42:23] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in D:\HostingSpaces\Ollep\prosper.mepstar.com\wwwroot\202-config\functions.php on line 231

This is a syntax error in the functions.php page.
Our research seems to indicate the file functions.php is incomplete and missing data. Please obtain a new copy of functions.php from the developer. The one uploaded to our server ends at line 231.

Where can I find the latest version TJ?

Cheers..

Olle...

Hi TJ.
These (below) are some application available on the Hosting Server.
I just loaded P202 on a new clean basic website, should I maybe install one of these application to configure PHP in the site?

Joomla 2.5.9
Joomla! is one of the most powerful Open Source Content Management Systems on the planet.
Requirements: PHP 5.x, MySQL 5

Drupal 6
An advanced portal with collaborative book, search engines friendly URLs, online help, roles,
Requirements: PHP 5.x, MySQL 4 or MySQL 5

phpBB
phpBB is a high powered, fully scalable, and highly customizable Open Source bulletin board
Requirements: PHP 4.x or PHP 5.x, MySQL 4 or MySQL 5

WordPress 3.5.1
WordPress is a state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform with a focus on
Requirements: PHP 5.x, MySQL 5

You cannot have anything else installed in the sub-domain folder. Only the P202 files can be in that folder. I would recommend using an add-on domain rather than a sub-domain. I know some people have had issues with sub-domains. Always install P202 into a separate folder in the add-on domain directory.

The latest version of P202 can be found here Prosper202 Self Hosted Apps

I suspect that some of the issues you are having are due to using a sub-domain rather than an add-on domain, not using the correct folder, and possibly a corrupted version of P202.

1. Buy a cheap domain name
2. Use the new domain as an add-on domain
3. Upload the unzipped file and folders into the add-on domain directory folder
4. Make certain that you create and use the db name, db user name, and the db username password
5. Go to the domain and you should be prompted to begin the set-up of P202

If this does not work, then you may have a hosting issue.

Please do it as I have outlined.

T J

Hosting Response;

Add-on domains do not exist in our systems but a sub-domain on our system has its own web site and its own directory structure so there is no problem there.
The wwwroot also does not contain any other files than this install.
I will test using the new zip now and let you know.

xxxxxxxx

Same error with newly downloaded files:
[04-Sep-2013 21:16:37] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in D:\HostingSpaces\Ollep\prosper.mepstar.com\wwwroot\202-config\functions.php on line 231

If the functions.php file in the zip that is downloadable from the web site is complete then it has a syntax error as listed above.
This error is typically caused by a missing } used in PHP to denote content belonging to a WHILE, IF, or FOR loop.

Thanks TJ - feel Like I'm becoming a bit of a pain here :) :) :)
And Thanks Freddy, might just take you up on that Offer.
I can give you both Website Login and FTP account for the site. Goes for you too TJ.
(The Idea is that I rather have it on the Hosting / FTP / Cpanel where I'm working daily anyway.)

Cheers

Olle..
PS. Attempted to include some files here - do we have that option?
Noticed the only 202-config file I could find was the "Sample" one?

Olle,

I visited your host's website. They do not meet the rquirements. P202 cannot be installed on Windows Servers. This is the first paragraph on your hosts VPS page:

"The Best choice for Windows 2008 VPS Servers
Looking to add a Windows VPS Server or build a complex windows VPS cluster? ResellerChoice provides virtual private servers and IT services to give you the best windows VPS hosting solutions available today."

Also, I would never choose a host that doesn't allow you to use add-on domains. You have a hosting problem.

You need to get a true VPS, here is a great deal at BlueHost that has everything you need for $29 a month. VPS Hosting - Web hosting provider - Bluehost.com

T J

Olle,

I visited your host's website. They do not meet the rquirements. P202 cannot be installed on Windows Servers. This is the first paragraph on your hosts VPS page:

"The Best choice for Windows 2008 VPS Servers
Looking to add a Windows VPS Server or build a complex windows VPS cluster? ResellerChoice provides virtual private servers and IT services to give you the best windows VPS hosting solutions available today."

Also, I would never choose a host that doesn't allow you to use add-on domains. You have a hosting problem.

You need to get a true VPS, here is a great deal at BlueHost that has everything you need for $29 a month. VPS Hosting - Web hosting provider - Bluehost.com

T J

I second that. I didn't know your on a windows server. But the error seems fixable. I also advice you to get a Linux server. I personally prefer Ubuntu. You'll find much cheaper options and DIY instructions on my signature.

Edit: Thinking about your VPS support, how stupid were they to not to identify that specific error massage?

OK Guys!
Your the experts and I'm not a programmer so I follow your advice.

One problem; I have 50 Websites (Microsoft ASP.Net Sites) hosted at Resellers Choice.
And 2 Word Press blogs which was why I assumed they could handle PHP.

So gentlemen, since I'm working 15 - 20 hours a day with this Affiliate / CPA project, I'm not keen on transferring 50 Websites on my spare time.
$29.00 is a good price TJ, but it's costly if it's for Prosper202 only.
(Currently with this mob for my "**.com.au" domainparking; Australian cPanel Web Hosting for Small Business - Affordable Hosting with support.)

If "www.jumba.com.au" is OK I might e able to get in a top domain or a Sub-domain with a friend there.
Will check that option.

Thanks for your help guys - be back soon.

OllePer

I'm Back.

Here's the reply from Jumba.com.au;

Seems like this is Linux and PHP, so it should make it work.

Cheers

OllePer

PS; Friday afternoon here, might have it sorted early on in the week.

On our linux servers we do have php 5.3. Also MySQL 4.0 is supported.
For checking linux shared hosting plans and placing order you can go to the URL :

"http://www.uber.com.au/business/linux_web_shared.php"

For checking our dedicated server plans please go through the URL :

"http://www.uber.com.au/business/vds.php"

If you wish you can call us at 138237. Alternately you can initiate chat with our sales department using live chat option on the website :

"http://www.uber.com.au/"

Hey Olle,

You can't use shared hosting, and a dedicated server is more than you need. You need a VPS (virtual private server) when starting out. O don't see a VPS option at the host you linked to above.

T J

Hi TJ
Hope you have a great Sunday. (you might not be there yet though?)

I'm doing the "PMI Affiliate School" and are spending my Sunday morning watching their Prosper202 tutorials.
In PMI they don't talk about VPS, but are talking about Unique IP and SSL, so is this the same Tj? The VPS allows me to have unique IP and SSL right?

I haven't done anything with Jumba yet, want to ask all the right questions first.

Thanks for your input Tj, it is a great help in getting this sorted - and be on the right track from the start.

Have a GREAT Sunday!!!

OllePer

When you order a VPS, usually it comes with one or two IP addresses for you. As for SSL, I don't find it a must unless one of your network needs https pixel URL. You can purchase SSL separately from the place like Namecheap.

banners
Back