The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Product Review Website

cooperj263

Ok this going to be one of those noobie question. Say if I wanted to start a product review authority website about blenders. How I would I check the competition For review sites about blenders. With having to type a bunch of keywords in to Google. Like I said it's a noob question and I'm a noob. Also how many product reviews should I do like Example like add all of my product reviews at once before I launch my website or add 5 a week etc. I want as much feedback as I can get.

Thank You,
Joshua Cooper

There is basically no magic way of searching for the competition.

Just type in "blender review" and similar keywords and search first 5, 10 or more pages in google, as deep as it makes sense and you are still getting good results. While you do this just type the URL of your competition in excel spreadsheet or a word document, so you can review them later. Look for what kind of a site structure they have, how many words per review, their social sites, pictures etc. and try to top it.

Advanced search operators in google - find them here Google Search Operators - Google Guide

For example typing inurl:cpa would find all URLs that are indexed in google that have cpa in them.

Or searching google with intitle:cpa would return all pages that have the word cpa in their title

You can do combinations. For example site:cpafix.com intitle:product would search cpafix.com for any thread that has the title product in it.

So on, so forth ...

As for how much text to add, I suggest you build the site and add them as you write them. If it is one a day or 50 a day, all is cool. The longer the articles are on the site, the higher the chance that they will rank, plus the age of the domain plays a big role in ranking a site.

Can you elaborate more on the age of the domain what exactly does that mean. Like domains that have been around longer get a better ranking :confused:

If you want to know who your competition is, use Alexa. Alexa will give you tons of statistics on the competition, and you can even find out who is linking to your competition. Use that information to help you build backlinks to your website. Alexa will also tell you what words people are actually searching for on any particular site.

I use Google for just about everything, including keyword research, but if I want to know who is doing what, then I use Alexa. It's the easiest, but you can also use sites like Compete and Rankings.com.

Here's an approach you can use to help you figure this out:

Go to Google and do a search on your topic. You can use blenders, but maybe you want to use a different keyword or a long tail keyword.

Take those first 10 websites and then plug them into Alexa. Now look at the statistics. Find out what countries their traffic is coming from. What keywords are being used to find those sites, who is linking to them, etc. Then use that knowledge on your site.

Good luck,

Jinger

BTW, great question. Good for us "old timers" to be reminded of how we do this stuff.

MI
Back