The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

PPV Content Locking - Possibly Sweet Idea

Top Broski

Banned
So I've been wondering...

I've never done PPV but I was curious.

Let's say I want to advertise for "yahoo.com", that is whenever the user puts in "yahoo.com" to visit the site they'll get redirected to my ad. All I have is a background picture of a Yahoo homepage and my content locker on top of it, designed to look like something Yahoo would have. After they complete the locker they simply get redirected to Yahoo and move on.

Could you make this happen?

Most PPV networks default at popup/popunder campaigns. Usually the visitors will just simply close or minimize their popup/popunder windows. How do you get them redirected to your ad??

Most PPV networks default at popup/popunder campaigns. Usually the visitors will just simply close or minimize their popup/popunder windows. How do you get them redirected to your ad??

Well I haven't worked with PPV but isn't their CPV? Where you pay for your ad to be the page they visit?

Maybe I'm misunderstood, but from what i can gather no one is going to fill out a survey to use a search engine?

Content Locking is exactly what it suggests - locking of content. Now content means something that is going to be useful for the visitor for which he is willing to do a survey in order to get to the content. Usually tips pertaining to any niche or some resource which the visitor is looking for works well with content lockers. Stay away from locking movies or illegal stuff that can taint your reputation in the long run. If you can't be good, be careful ;-).

Content Locking is exactly what it suggests - locking of content. Now content means something that is going to be useful for the visitor for which he is willing to do a survey in order to get to the content. Usually tips pertaining to any niche or some resource which the visitor is looking for works well with content lockers. Stay away from locking movies or illegal stuff that can taint your reputation in the long run. If you can't be good, be careful ;-).

I know what content locking is. I just didn't really fully understand PPV.

I thought that people you could advertise to had like some adware installed from downloading something, and when they click on a Google result or enter in a website in their url bar they would be redirected.

The idea of this method was that if they would like wanted to go to yahoo.com, you could bid on that term or whatever and just simply have a content locker over a picture of what appeared to be the yahoo homepage, after they completed the survey you could set up your locker to redirect them to yahoo.

Does this make sense?

I am not sure if you can redirect a locker because a locker is traditionally something that unlocks a locked page. It's something like if you have a padlock on your front door then you can only go into your house if you unlock the padlock.

PPV is different again - read post #2.

I am not sure if you can redirect a locker because a locker is traditionally something that unlocks a locked page. It's something like if you have a padlock on your front door then you can only go into your house if you unlock the padlock.

PPV is different again - read post #2.

There are options on most content locking sites that allow you to set up your content locker so that when the user finishes completing the offer, they'll get redirected to whatever link you want to send them to.

Since you can't technically lock a website you don't own, I mentioned that you'd have a PICTURE of the home page of the website. After they complete your locker you make it so they get redirected to the actual site.

Yes you can do it, but you will get sued HUGE. Unless you're in a secure place outside of the US/UK you don't want to mess with it AT ALL. You will get sued millions and millions. Trust me. But yes you can content lock a site that isn't yours without actually editing anything in the site. Learn javascript and maybe one day you will be able to do it and bank hard. It's working pretty nice for myself :)

banners
Back