The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Potential starter pack - Easy way to Monetize Domains

austind72

affiliate
Hi All;

Just wanted to share a little idea I've used recently. I think there could be more mileage in it if some affiliates want to pick it up and run with it.

It involves Build A Niche Store (Google it for web address - Kelvin and Adam deserve full payment for all the hard work they put in).

It occurred to me that there could be a lot of expired domains from failed online businesses that have to keep their own stock. But that may not be the case if they were used as an affiliate site.

So I bought a few domains that had just been released and still had live links to them. I used 'domain announce' for this (anyone got any other url's of similar services that are cheaper?)

I set up the Build A Niche Store (BANS) sites and just let them run. Sure enough i started getting hits and enough sales to cover my investment.

I haven't done anything else, no SEO, link building, PPC, funny handshakes, nothing. I expect I will in time for the ones that continue to pay.

Since there's still a heck of a lot of people who thing Google IS the internet I really think it's worth looking for domains related to products that people don't usually think of looking on eBay for.

That way you also get the eBay commission for new members which is ?7 in the UK and $25 (i think) in the US.

All the best :)
Austin.

Austin,

Thanks for the PM and for posting this idea in public for our members.

"I haven't done anything else, no SEO, link building, PPC, funny handshakes, nothing."

You didn't even bother to do any "funny handshakes"?
Betcha turned around 3 times then bowed to the Google Gods though, didntcha? :p

Seriously though. That sounds like a great way to monetize dormant domains.
Just think though if you put some energy into the sites and built up some revenue you could flip them if they are good domains.

yup, unlimited stores, unlimited domains as long as their yours i.e. if u set up BANS for a customer they have to buy their own license.

Hi All;

Just wanted to share a little idea I've used recently. I think there could be more mileage in it if some affiliates want to pick it up and run with it.

It involves Build A Niche Store (Google it for web address - Kelvin and Adam deserve full payment for all the hard work they put in).

It occurred to me that there could be a lot of expired domains from failed online businesses that have to keep their own stock. But that may not be the case if they were used as an affiliate site.

So I bought a few domains that had just been released and still had live links to them. I used 'domain announce' for this (anyone got any other url's of similar services that are cheaper?)

I set up the Build A Niche Store (BANS) sites and just let them run. Sure enough i started getting hits and enough sales to cover my investment.

I haven't done anything else, no SEO, link building, PPC, funny handshakes, nothing. I expect I will in time for the ones that continue to pay.

Since there's still a heck of a lot of people who thing Google IS the internet I really think it's worth looking for domains related to products that people don't usually think of looking on eBay for.

That way you also get the eBay commission for new members which is ?7 in the UK and $25 (i think) in the US.

All the best :)
Austin.

I have done the same thing with another eBay affiliate website builder for my shopping and/or product related domains.

I have also used BANS and have compared them both so I decided to use the other software because of other great features to help with search engine optimization.

Nothing to brag about; but in 3 weeks my CJ revenue from the eBay affiliate program has jumped $75 compared to last month.

You can search on Google for: "ebay turnkey affiliate"

That should help you find the other alternative.

MI
Back