The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

POF or Facebook

I second that I am heavily engaged in POF and learning all I can about it. I love the flexibility they offer I look at it as bootcamp so to say for paid advertising.

No fees. I believe POF is, of course, more targeted to certain niches. FaceBook is beastmode though if you find those good ad -> offer set ups. So much potential still but FB's ppc can be over priced sometimes. Many different methodologies with FB though to ensure cheaper CPC.

I think I am going to start working with POF since Facebook is making some drastic changes that will make Facebook fan pages much harder to use for advertising.

POF is predominantly dating whereas Facebook is dating and a lot more. Facebook is on its way to becoming a giant with 2 billion(not million) users with POF maybe just a mere fraction of it. Hence Facebook gives you a reach that is way more than any other social media platform.

I have been trying to get my Facebook going. I've been totally lost for days. I'm clearing up alot of questions with the ebook. Really I'm gonna have to read it a second time but its great!

Dating on POF may be easier to target and get approval, but it lacks international reach. Using mainstream offers for the most popular countries among advertisers, especially newbies, is not a good idea as well. You need to go international. So if you only look at dating, then try POF for US and Facebook for everything else.

Yeah I second that you need to first plan your attack and match the traffic accordingly. If I were just starting out again I would decide what vertical I want to focus the most on then where would it have best chance of winning for me. Of course if dating was it then I would look at POF but as said you need decide are you going international or Domestic and if so, does that platform offer the right amount of volume for that country? You need a plan first but for me I love POF

MI
Back