The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

POF Ads - 3 things I learned after spending over $10k

raiderremo

affiliate
I am using POF ads for last 4 months and spent over $10000. At the beginning as every one I failed like anything, once you understand what you are doing POF would pour money!! Lets see the 3 crucial things

1. Should not over test

I know, every gurus advice us to keep test, YES but over test kill your budget and confidence level at the beginning stage. Take 30 to 40 images test properly, wait for each ads to reach 2k impressions, you will find 3 to 5 winners. Start showing only those 3 to 5, out of them 2 or even 3 or 4 will die in couple of days, clearly 1 or 2 will stand out. Pick those images and start making money.

2. Landing page is important

Never direct link, it works for some lucky guys, USE Landing Page. Whatever message you deliver in your Ads copy must be established and strengthen in your LP. If you say "Single Millionaire in Texas want Divorced Women" in your Adcopy, your LP must contain a decent rich man picture and should clearly indicates his net wort is some $$ million. Got it? When user clicks your Ad he got convinced on 30%, another 70% brain wash you must do in your LP.

3.Learn to give up

Some angles or targets will not work. Its happened to every one, so give up those angles and start new campaign with fresh angle. There is no point of hanging with non-converting angle and spend $$$. Usually set a bench mark of at least 1 conversion during your test phase and break even during your optimization. If the campaign exceeds double the amount of your offer pay out and still not converting, then better give up that and try something new.

All the best.

Thank you man, this is just what I needed. I've spent more than $1000 but I'm still looking to find the way to maintain the stable income. Right now it's like a roller coaster, 2 days I'm green and one day I'm red. It's frustrating bug I'm fighting against it.

Thanks once again!

Ouch!

There's many other ways to promote on the internet....make a google search! (email marketing, mobile marketing, PPV, PPC, Offline, solo ads, swaps, press release, social, etc)

POF ads work OK for dating or related dating offers. For the rest, i tried and didn't have good results.

When me campaigns are under 2% conversions with 2000 impr i very often change the title, image. After 2000 more impr if the results are still under 2%....i stop and choose another offer.

It works fine for me......

Good Luck and do not stop...it will only go up!

Persistence is key in all this field really, it's not about the amount of money you pour into a campaign it's about how much effort you are going to put into it personally.

(Money != effort)

Try try again, eventually the pieces fall into place and you find yourself in your zone, with skills you know how to utilize to produce successful campaigns consistently and that is the key, anyone can get lucky one or two times, but if you do not understand the whole process you are fighting a uphill battle.

Great tips, but i think number 3 should be something different like, if you see one thing doesn't work then switch it up and try something different and keep testing.

banners
Back