The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Piece of Advice

C

CreativesLinda

New affiliate networks are opening every day. Some claim that they're the 'best' or that their offers are 'direct from the advertiser', etc. , yet their domain was only registered in the last couple of days or the last couple of months. Please do yourselves a favor and do your research before signing up with an affiliate network. Do a WhoIs check to verify domain ownership and registration date. I find it troublesome when the ownership is private because that makes me think they have something to hide. But that, in and of itself, isn't a reason to avoid the network. It's just one piece of information available to you. Also, do a Google or Bing search for info about the network and the owner to make sure of the legitimacy of both. Make sure that the registration process entails some sort of confirmation or review and that not every affiliate who signs up gets an account. I'm not saying that new networks shouldn't be given a chance. We network owners were all 'new' at some point. Just do your homework.

Good advice. Common sense really ;).

Yes, it's common sense for people who have been in this industry for a while. But sometimes common sense goes out the window when someone sees big dollar signs. Also, newbies don't know about doing this research when they start out. I didn't.

Thanks for the advice. I saw two big companies shut down this month. If a company like Adbrite can ran away with 4 months of publisher ernings, I can't imagine what these new companies can do to us.

Yeah. It's really a bad thing because newbies are just starting out and testing then suddenly, the company close down. Wtf?
I wish others won't close. :)

banners
Back