The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Passionate Sites - Follow the Money!

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Do what you love and the money will follow! I always tell newbies to start with a subject they know about and are passion about. It makes generating content easier, but most importantly it makes it easier to stay committed during the early days before the money starts to roll in.

Does following your passion still work for the old pros? Well according to super affiliates Ros Gardner and BJ it CAN make a big difference. 1st BJ talks about how incredibly easy it is once she finally follows her passion on a new site she's building. Then Ros shares a story about how building a site "just for the money" in a niche you have no passion for at all, can be dry and boring and too much like a J.O.B!!

<blockquote><strong><a target="_new" href="http://www.adventuresinnetmarketing.com/2007/02/that_passion_th.html"> That Passion Thing</a></strong> "A while ago, I started up one of the sites that I've been thinking about for a long time. This site is in an area I'm very passionate about. And you know, from the time I started online, I've heard it said over and over again: <strong>Find something you're passionate about and develop a site around it.</strong>

But now I can say that I'm doing it, and <em>there's a certain powerful ease about it</em>. It's very unlike building a site about something you're really not that interested in...</blockquote>
Go read BJ's positive story above, then if you still need more convincing that the power of passion works - read the story Ros Gardner shares below about how badly things can turn out if you don't follow your passion. This long insightful article actually shares several good lessons.

<blockquote><strong><a target="_new" href="http://www.revenuetoday.com/story/The%20Passion%20of%20the%20Site">The Passion of the Site - RevenueToday Magazine</a> </strong> "Well, I discovered that chasing the almighty dollar doesn't work. When I ignored my first rule of business, "<strong>follow your passion</strong>," the second rule, "build relationships," was impossible to follow without unacceptable compromise.

Boredom, drudge work and dread. My goodness, but doesn't that sound exactly like a J-O-B? What a foolish choice to make when I already had a proven formula for highly profitable affiliate sites.

<strong>Learn from my mistake. Pick a topic you love...</strong>"</blockquote>
<strong>The power of passion... Have you experienced it?
Tell us your story...</strong>

banners
Back