The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Pass Click ID Through Landing Page on GetResponse?

miguel82

Hoping someone can help with this, I need to pass the click ID generated by Traffic Vance/Propel Media through my landing page to my offer.

My landing page is hosted by GetResponse where the user enters the email address, clicks a link and is sent to my offer. I need to get the click ID from the URL and append it to the link click on the landing page.

I hope i'm explaining what I need and i'm sure its been done all the time, but I can't figure it out!

It might be GetResponse can't do this, in which case can you recommend any landing page software which can? I prefer not to host my own landing pages as it would be on a shared server and probably too slow for PPV.

Thanks

Hi Miguel - From what I know (and i might be wrong, but you're not the first one to ask so i checked), this isn't something that can be done out of the box, so it will require some dev. Let me explain why.
1. You can pass dynamic values from TV to your landing page using the GA UTM parameters.
2. you will need to have a script that reads your URL' and pass it to the offer link after the user has optin.
3. You will not have a place where you will be able to see the entire traffic stat funnel: hit, optin/click/conversion/revenue

Option #1 - Get a developer to build the script/set it up for you

Option #2 - Using a tracking software built to do just what you need (I vote for that)

If you'd like to test it such funnel on TrackingDesk, it will take between 5-10 min to setup.

Best regards,
Laurent

Hello, @miguel82

As it was mentioned above you can do that with a help of a tracker.

For exmaple on AdsBridge, if it's required to pass click ID of traffic source to your affiliate network, then you could set parameter for click id of this traffic source as primary or additional token on AdsBridge (Screenshot “AdsBridge - Next generation tracker and landing page builder! 2016-06-24 11-00-26.png”) and turn on "Campaign tokens" in Offer settings (Screenshot “AdsBridge - Next generation tracker and landing page builder! 2016-06-24 11-01-02.png”).
As for "I need to get the click ID from the URL and append it to the link click on the landing page.", please share with more details, do you need just to track conversions with lander in your campaign's flow or you really need to transfer info about click id of your traffic source on your affiliate network side? As AdsBridge also gives a user a unique click ID, and exactly this click id needs to be back from your affiliate network side to count conversions on AdsBridge side. Also, you need to add click URL on CTA button of your self-hosted lander. Click URL you could find in your lander settings on AdsBridge.
Also, we provide very fast redirects and they won't be slow with PPV. Anyway youre always free to make a test

Hoping someone can help with this, I need to pass the click ID generated by Traffic Vance/Propel Media through my landing page to my offer.

My landing page is hosted by GetResponse where the user enters the email address, clicks a link and is sent to my offer. I need to get the click ID from the URL and append it to the link click on the landing page.

I hope i'm explaining what I need and i'm sure its been done all the time, but I can't figure it out!

It might be GetResponse can't do this, in which case can you recommend any landing page software which can? I prefer not to host my own landing pages as it would be on a shared server and probably too slow for PPV.

Thanks

MI
Back