Certified

williamrs

Certified Vendor
Service Manager
Coach
CPA Evolution 3.0
PART 7

Creating ads

Facebook has 2 types of ads for desktop campaigns (I won't be covering mobile on this tutorial, because it's very different and more complex): news feed and right column.

I have already explained the difference between the ads in part 2, so if you don't remember just check that chapter again.

When promoting CPA offers, it's usually possible to test both types of ads, but normally the right column ads are cheaper and can be a better choice for offers with a low payout.

On the other hand, if you manage to make the campaign profitable with news feed ads you can do more volume, since those ads tend to have a much higher CTR (Click-Through-Rate, make sure to Google it now if you don't know what it means).

I suggest you to start testing your campaigns with the RC ads and add NF ads later, after the campaign shows potential.

Here are some examples of ads that I used with my campaign for The Settlers Online (translated into english).

ad-1.jpg

ad-2.jpg

When creating ads you should pay attention to the following rules/goals:

* High CTR - Ads with a high CTR will be rewarded with a lower CPC, so your goal with the ads should be to reach a CTR as high as possible. So, use eye-catching images (the image is the most important factor for the CTR) and be smart with the copy (make people curious about what's on the other side). Basically, the image will grab people's attention and the copy will get them to click. Aim for a CTR above 0.1% with RC ads and 3% with NF.

* Split-test - The vast majority of your ads will have a poor performance, so you have to split-test and try many variations (start with at least 10 - 20). Always test more images than copies and don't simply create variations of the same ads, test different concepts, show different types of images and use different arguments to convince people to click.

* Be careful - Review Facebook's ad guidelines and make sure that you're not posting anything that violates their terms. Also, avoid cleavage and offensive images and ad copies.

Contents

Part 1/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 2/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 3/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 4/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 5/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 6/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 7/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 8/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 9/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 10/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 11/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 12/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 13/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 14/14 Facebook Case Study.

CPAEvolution: Make sure you check out the relaunch of CPAEvolution and the amazing AffiliateFix only bonus's.

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back