Certified

williamrs

Certified Vendor
Service Manager
Coach
CPA Evolution 3.0
PART 2

Understanding the platform

As I explained to you in the previous chapter, Facebook has a huge potential that allows smart marketers generate hundreds or even thousands of high-quality leads every day.

However, you can't take advantage on this potential if you don't understand the platform and know how to use it properly.

So, in this second part of the case study I'll explain to you how Facebook's advertising platform works and how you should use the resources available to build efficient campaigns.

I believe that there are 4 core elements that you have to understand before you get your foot wet with Zuck's network.

Advertising policies

This is one of the biggest struggles for beginners on Facebook, they don't understand the terms of service and end up getting ads rejected or even accounts permanently banned.

Before you start advertising, make sure to read Facebook's advertising guidelines:

Facebook

In short, you should focus initially on offers that don't require a payment, don't make exaggerated claims and don't promote anything adult or illegal. Also, Facebook is no longer allowing dating and that's a niche that you should avoid as well.

Don't promote shady offers, use landing pages and avoid being unclear about the service that people are registering for.

Types of ads

Facebook has 3 different types of ads:

* News feed ads: sponsored posts that show up on the user's news feed.

* Right column ads: the small ads that show up on the right bar.

* Mobile news feed ads: same as the news feed ads, but for mobile devices only.

In comparison with right column ads, news feed ads usually have a much higher CTR (click-through-rate) and, therefore, can do more volume. However, they're also more expensive.

You can split-test both with your campaigns. The results may vary and both options can be interesting, so it's almost always advisable to test both.

Targeting

Facebook allows advertisers to target their audience based on both demographics and interests.

Some of the demographics available are location, age, gender, marital status, education, etc...

The interests the things that people "like" on Facebook. So, basically, when using interests you can reach fans of anyone or anything.

Using the right combinations of demographics and interests may allow you to generate laser targeted traffic to your campaigns.

Tools

Facebook offers some tools that can help you improve your campaigns such as Audience Insights and Power Editor.

I can't offer detailed explanations on how to use these tools here, since this isn't the focus of this case study, but I strongly recommend you to make some research and learn more about them. They can be very helpful for managing and planning campaigns.

Before we finish this 2nd part of the case study, I also would like to tell you to sign up for an advertising account at www.facebook.com/advertising and start playing with it. Don't set up campaigns yet, just have a look on the features and see how the platform works. It will help you follow the next parts of this case study more easily.

In the next part the action will start!

Contents

Part 1/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 2/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 3/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 4/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 5/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 6/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 7/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 8/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 9/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 10/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 11/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 12/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 13/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 14/14 Facebook Case Study.

CPAEvolution: Make sure you check out the relaunch of CPAEvolution and the amazing AffiliateFix only bonus's.

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back