monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Page Rank vs Domain Authority - Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimisation' started by EymardSiojo, Oct 4, 2013.

1. EymardSiojo

EymardSiojo GRIND! affiliate

I am seeing a lot of post about link building that Domain Authority is much relevant or important right now than checking page rank.

Domain Authority uses 40 metrics to calculate while PR can be manipulate, according to some blogs I read.
    That's why they see Moz's domain autority is much accurate.

In terms or link building, it is said that the more DA a domain have, its more powerful.

Your thoughts?

2. monetizer
  3. jsammy

jsammy Affiliate affiliate

My thoughts are ignorant actually. I wish I knew enough about this stuff--it's such an overload :). My first thoughts revolve around what Google thinks, then I take it from there. Isn't that why they keep changing there algorithms, because they base it on PR?

Im not trying to sound like a smart-ass, just seems like common sense to me...

4. Marc

Marc 武士- Spamurai moderator affiliate

@ Eymard: It's sometimes really funny, what is written in some blogs out there ...

Google is founded and based on Larry Page's PageRank algorithm.
    That's the most important thing for G to evaluate a site: the PR of the site + which PR-links refer to the site.

Domain authority however is based on PR. If a domain has a high authority, it simply has a high PR.
    For example "The New York Times" is a site of highest authority. Why? It has a PR 9.
    It's the PR which gives a domain it's authority, at least on Google (the evaluations of other directories are not interesting for me).

It's true, the PR can be manipulated, but less and less due to Google's Pandas, Penguins, Hummingbirds and who knows what else is there of permanent minor updates.

If these people say, domain authority consists of 40 criteria, G only laughs about it - they use more than 200 criteria ...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  5. jsammy

jsammy Affiliate affiliate

SO MArc, are you saying I was right? In a very general sort of way? :cool:

6. Marc

In a very general sort of words, yes. :D

But you must admit, that was an easy topic :D

7. EymardSiojo

DA uses PR too.

Hmm? I just wondering..
    Recently, when I started scraping sites.
    I found some sites with HIGH DA, but not so low PR.. maybe in the mid section..
    I found some High PR sites, PR ranging to 5 - 6 .. Low OBL.. DA around 65..

I asked this because I am thinking of building links with High PR sites.. Vs.. High DA sites.. :D

PR 6 is easy to find nowadays.. Jeez.

8. Andy Haskins

Andy Haskins Affiliate affiliate

Interesting discussion actually, learn something new everyday as I am totally oblivious to this sort of thing.

Jay Wessman may have an answer for us all :)

9. IndeXer

IndeXer Affiliate affiliate

I agree, PR6 is easy to find but very hard to achieve.

10. EymardSiojo

When I mean I find it, it means that I can put my links in it. :p

11. Marc

OBL are not interesting for the PR, quite the contrary, they take power away from the site.

If you want to publish on G and rank in G, then you need relevant high PR links pointing to your site.
    G evaluates according to its own criteria of which PR is the most important.

The goal : your own PR 6 blog !! ;)
    (PR 6 is the highest achievable PR for websites and blogs.)

12. EymardSiojo

Well, having my OWN PR6 blog will be hard due to my poor content writing. Haha!
    Anyways, the PR6 site I found is a social bookmark or web directory kind of site.

13. K

K Administrator Administrator affiliate

Check out Website Review - SEO Tool | WooRank.com - I think you'll like it.

Nail everything on this 100% or as close to and you'll start to see Google and PR love you....

We moved instantly from a 2 - 3 just releasing 3.0.

Going to work on getting 100% score soon!

14. EymardSiojo

WoaH! Thanks for the resources man!

15. reuphong

reuphong Affiliate affiliate

domain pr hight rank high easy earn traffic cpc and more :)

16. douglasobrien

douglasobrien Affiliate affiliate

* PageRank is a Google entity whereas Domain Authority belongs to SEOMOZ.org
    * PageRank does not influence rankings, Domain Authority directly relates to SERP rankings.
    * PageRank is only based on incoming and outgoing links. Domain Authority considers more factors than just the inbound link or the Out bound references.
    * The PageRank toolbar is updated 2-3 times in a year. Domain Authority on the other hand gets updated 2-3 times in a month.
    * PageRank is not considered that relevant to evaluate a website. Domain Authority is more reliable correct and up to date metric for getting exact status of the website.

17. superme

superme Affiliate affiliate

PR is irrelevant (at the least the way we know it), same and DA and PA and etc, what I think is valid and top ranking signal, is the trust-relevancy. I would advise you guys to read more in Google Patents for trust authority and seed sites, I bet you will find some interesting things to think of.

Featured Resources (View All)

MI