The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Organic CTR

JHardy

affiliate
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this forum and am looking for a bit of helpful info. I've just started a new Internet marketing job witha company who only use PPC at the moment (with over 1 million phrases!). I'm putting together a proposal on the benefits of using SEO as a long term option and would like an answer to the following:

Does anyone have any example figures on CTR for the organic listings (1st page 1- 10, 2nd page etc)?

I know this varies depending on phrases, industry etc but soom average or industry standard figures would be really helpful...

I have not come across a list like the one you are asking for publicly but the general wisdom is that the higher you are on page one, the more click through you get, the only controversial one is being at the bottom of page 1 versus being on the top of page 2.

Some people say you get more click through on top of page 2 than being at the bottom of page 1.

Whatever the figures are, I don't see how they are likely to leak out from Google and Co. However, the biggest factor that would influence whatever they are is the attractiveness of the "Displayed Bold Title" and accompanying Snippet in the SERPS.

Thereby hangs the real skill is composing an Enticing Title that will also help the position in the SERPS plus the ability to manipulate the on-page text that Google pulls out as the Snippet.

MI
Back