The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

optimized campaign?

cw2013

affiliate
Hi Guys,

Just a question, how do you optimize a campaign in adult?
I have one campaign which i have optimized by doing day parting and removing non converting banner and lander.
Same day in first week, it is profitable but the following week it went to negative. Then I let it run for another week and it went to profitable again.
It does not seem to be getting consistent profit using same lander and banner which convert the most.
How do I optimize further for this kind of case.

Thanks.

Make sure you are getting enough traffic volume per day..

You are day parting based off of data you gather prior, but you want to make sure you gathered ENOUGH data prior to make those
decisions now.

To be honest, I usually run my campaigns 24 hours per day every day of the week.. No parting... (Some stuff I do.. But in general all hours/days convert).

Then instead of looking at it by a profit/loss per day, try running it for a week and seeing if you are profit/loss at the end of the week.

Things will naturally dip like a stock chart, but as long as you make money per buy you're winning.

For example:

I'll spend $1,000 if I make back more than that by the time the $1,000 is spent wether that is 1 day, 1 hour, or 1 week then it's a successful campaign.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks Tuan but how do you define enough traffic volume per day.
in my case, I'm getting 1 million impression per day divided into 5 banners.
Is that consider enough traffic per day in order to make any decision?
Thanks.

Okay yes that is a good amount of volume, actually you should be getting a ton of clicks per day.

That is a good amount of traffic for sure.

Clicks was not a lot for that amount of impression due to low CTR. Only few hundreds of clicks per day with an average CTR of 0.03-0.05%
For a footer placement, is it normal having this kind of CTR?

Hi, friend, You can try to use different traffic source, maybe it can take you amazing results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clicks was not a lot for that amount of impression due to low CTR. Only few hundreds of clicks per day with an average CTR of 0.03-0.05%
For a footer placement, is it normal having this kind of CTR?

Yes, it's a 'footer' placement.. It's never going to have a higher CTR than an ad placement that is 'above the fold'.

Hi, friend, You can try to use different traffic source, maybe it can take you amazing results.

ALMOBI = Mobile CPA Network
Weekly Payment + Top Mobile Offers + Best Payout
Sign Up Bonus for New Affiliate ==> Grab $600 NOW ==>cpa.almobi.com/signup_affiliate/6

This has made me and probably loads of other guys never want to use your website ever again

Yes, it's a 'footer' placement.. It's never going to have a higher CTR than an ad placement that is 'above the fold'.

Hey tuan - this is why I have been asking CTR questions as I fear I will blindly optimising on my banners if I don't know what to aim for . For example if I bought traffic and only had a CTR of 0.05 I wouldn't have a clue wether I was doing really well or really bad.

Hey tuan - this is why I have been asking CTR questions as I fear I will blindly optimising on my banners if I don't know what to aim for . For example if I bought traffic and only had a CTR of 0.05 I wouldn't have a clue wether I was doing really well or really bad.

Very simple.

You run multiple banners and then see your overall banner CTR averages.. This alone will give you a good clue on what to aim for.

When in doubt, contact your traffic rep and ask them what are the average CTRs that other advertisers are seeing on that placement, they usually
have an answer.

REMEMBER, CTR means nothing if it doesn't convert.

A high banner ctr with no conversions is worse than a low banner ctr that does leads... See what i mean.

Take a birds eye view of your entire campaign not just your 1 metric of banner CTR.

banners
Back