Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Opt out and suppression list software

BobanV

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Affilicom
Hi guys,

What opt-out software you can recommend for email campaigns?

Also, what we need is to send out suppression list to our affiliates.

Thanks,
Boban

Opt out and suppression list software to connect it with our email campaigns / offers.

Opt out and suppression list software to connect it with our email campaigns / offers.

That doesn't tell me anything more than your original post.

What specifically do you need to accomplish?

Opt out and suppression list software...is suppose to do what?

connect it with our email campaigns / offers...connect how and do what?

i gess u can do that with the auto responder u have
i can't tell i don't know what are u using to email ur affiliates

Opt out and suppression list software...is suppose to do what?
connect it with our email campaigns / offers...connect how and do what?

Affiliates need suppression lists to run our email campaigns, so when someone unsubscribe we need software to add that automatically to suppression list.

I think you may be looking for something like Optizmo

Heard about Optizmo from another guy, got in touch with them, they have good support.

Thanks.

Any other software out there similar to Optizmo?

Other than writing your own, Optizmo is the 'industry standard' TBH. If the SHTF and you have to show due diligence to defend legal action it's probably the best place to be. One aggressive Californian trying to get $1000 per non consensual message in Court with a sympathetic spam-hating Judge is far more expensive than their monthly fee :)

What does optizmo cost?

As a mailer(publisher), I have used it to download suppression list, but I know nothing about it from the advertiser side.

In reality, all they are doing is making an MD5 version of your data and making sure that all users are downloading the data at least every 10 days. At least can-spam says you have 10 days. I download more often, but I assume they are using 10 days at their limit.

Depending on the cost, it may be more cost-effective to build your own system. As a single advertiser, I can't imagine it would that difficult to build something similar that would work just as good. PAy once, instead of monthly or however they charge.

You could also check out Ezepo - Home - Email Suppression Compliance Software I know the owner and head programmer. They are both good friends. However, I have never once asked then about their pricing.

However, being in the business for over 16 years, I still think you could just create something yourself that is more cost effective. Unless it's a cheap service and not worth it, but I have my doubts, that it's cheap.

We pay them $600 per month - which is a pittance. We did have a custom inhouse solution, but the test for that came when the first Californian tried to sue us for the work of a spamming affiliate. That little episode cost just short of 30k to make go away.

The legal advice at that time was our inhouse solution (or any inhouse solution) didn't really hold water, as it couldn't be independently verified. That's why we're with Optizmo, and very happy with what they do. It's not just the suppression list - it's the breaches they manage to catch for us too. Yesterday we dropped a long term affiliate for spamming from bulk hotmail accounts, but we'd not have picked that up so fast without Optizmo.

But I totally get what you're saying. It initially seems like an easy thing to do with a bit of php or perl. And it is. At first it's hard to see the value in something like Optimzo. I felt that way. But it just takes away a hassle and lets us focus on making money :)

But I totally get what you're saying. It initially seems like an easy thing to do with a bit of php or perl. And it is. At first it's hard to see the value in something like Optimzo. I felt that way. But it just takes away a hassle and lets us focus on making money :)

Do you know how that can be done with php or perl? How we can do it internally at the moment?

Yes I do BobanV - but it takes time and development like any application. You start with a basic ḿember website, those members are then given access to your MD5 hashed suppression list(s) or allowed to upload their list and scrub against it. Neither are fantastically popular options. You log downloads/scrubs. You then also provide a link per user to add to the suppression list, along with (obviously) pushing your own opt-outs in. Thatś just for starters.

Depending on how good you are with PHP, Perl, Python or whatever your coding weapon of choice, you can write it in a week or two. Then constantly keep it working, updated, maintained. Itś really not worth the hassle and I would not waste precious time on it. Because time doing things like this, is time you could be using to develop content, landers, pre-sale pages and making money.

If youŕe small or just starting out and $600 a month is too hefty, why not do a daily md5 export of your suppression list and simply allow your affiliates to download it from behind a simple password protected web page?

If youŕe small or just starting out and $600 a month is too hefty, why not do a daily md5 export of your suppression list and simply allow your affiliates to download it from behind a simple password protected web page?

Thanks for your efforts!

The thing is I just need to pass instructions to my developer (if we are not going with Optizmo).
Is this one above easy to be done? Would that cover downloading the list from affiliates and uploading the same?

Thatś the simplest method I can think of - there may be others. The key features of Optizmo, if your looking to mimic them:

1: Global and per campaign opt out lists
2: complaint monitoring
3: MD5 & plain text downloads (selectable)
4: Upload scrubbing
5: Logging of scrubbing/downloading for compliance monitoring
6: Per user addition to global or per campaign suppression lists using a link that can be placed in an email

With the exception of (4) which can have issues with file upload sizes, most of this stuff is pretty vanilla coding with a simple database structure - but any half decent developer will ace it without much effort.

Good luck :)

Thatś the simplest method I can think of - there may be others. The key features of Optizmo, if your looking to mimic them:

1: Global and per campaign opt out lists
2: complaint monitoring
3: MD5 & plain text downloads (selectable)
4: Upload scrubbing
5: Logging of scrubbing/downloading for compliance monitoring
6: Per user addition to global or per campaign suppression lists using a link that can be placed in an email

With the exception of (4) which can have issues with file upload sizes, most of this stuff is pretty vanilla coding with a simple database structure - but any half decent developer will ace it without much effort.

Good luck :)

Hey mate, could you please describe me in details how to implement these steps above?

I am still not sure what to pass to our developer.

Thanks!

MI
Back