The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Opportunistic Keywords Raking??

temi

affiliate
One of my websites is number one for a particular keyword I have not optimised the site for, the keywords happens to be the sites name and a popular holiday destination. The contents of the website has nothing to do with holiday, I am quite tempted to slap adwords codes on to top part of the site targeting that holiday destination keyword, I was just worried this may "dilute" the principal contents of the site with is webmaster related and make the site rank less for its principal targets.
Any advice on this from you SEO gurus out there?

Not sure if you think this will help but it's worth a read ...

Section targeting

To help Google locate the best advertisements to place on a particular page of your site show sections of your text content that you'd like to emphasis as important by emphasising parts of your web site.

Add the following HTML code around your web site's HTML to emphasize a section of the page which is most important to be targetted by Google:

<google_ad_section_start>

<google_ad_section_end>

Likewise, to ignore sections of your page content keep them outside of the google html text written above.

It is VERY VERY important, thanks for pointing this out. I use the above tags and see if I get the desired result, I appriciate it very much :)

banners
Back