Online Shoppers Browsing More and Buying Less

Certified

T J Tutor

GM
Administrator
Certified Vendor
Dojo Master
AffKit
According to Brett Bair, senior director of Digital Marketing Insights, online retailers have been updating, upgrading, and redesigning sites daily, weekly, monthly, and annually, and yet overall performance is down from 2014 in some major indices.

2014 Average Bounce Rate was 35.25 and 2015 is up 6%

2014 Average Order Value was $122.65 and 2015 is down 2.5%

2014 Conversion Rates Averaged 2.51% and 2015 is down to 2.32

2014 Add To Cart Rates were at 8.31% and 2015 is down to 7.39

On The Highside

Smartphone traffic now accounts for 20% of all ecommerce, up from 13% in 2014.

As well, and our own Oliver Kenyon will like this, the U.K. is converting at higher rates over all other countries!

How do your experiences compare?

According to Brett Bair, senior director of Digital Marketing Insights, online retailers have been updating, upgrading, and redesigning sites daily, weekly, monthly, and annually, and yet overall performance is down from 2014 in some major indices.

On The Highside

As well, and our own Oliver Kenyon will like this, the U.K. is converting at higher rates over all other countries!

its an interesting and informative information you shared.... in my view what i have analysed and experienced is that the smart phones have changed the view of people and the also the lives of the ordinary people....they just need the internet of high speed on their smart phones and they are gone.... the smart phone is now the use of each and everyone... without it they consider themselves the people of stone age..... that's the main reason that the smart phone traffic is rapidly increasing day by day.. they prefer to open things from their smart phones instead of opening them from laptop or somewhere else..... that's why the smart phone traffic has increased to a huge rate

On The Highside

Interesting source of valuable information that you have shared. I will talk on the matter of smartphones. We are today living in an era that has high percentage growth when it comes to smartphones. It is now possible to have persons carry out major online tasks through the phones. I do think this is the main reason as to why you see the conversion rate having greatly improved from last year. We expecting this to grow even higher due to the mobile applications that are being rolled out.

I believe it also connected to the fact that users find item at one store and then search for it in others with better price or delivery etc

That's also a big big reason that why the smart phone traffic is increased that people search for other prices and better prices economically so that they can buy good things in cheaper price......good point....

banners
Back