The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Ok, I'm here at the starting line......................

billyba

affiliate
I don't have a website or a blog to speak of, I'm thinkin' of starting a review blog that will promote several offers in one place in for a given niche. Then rinse and repeat. But first I need to get an idea of the niches that are hot right now. Plus I'm kinda sketchy on how to set up a relevant Blog. I can't get past the application process and I can't fine phone #'s to get in touch with an A/M. I'm really needin' some hand holding to get the ball rollin' here. I'm beggin' here. Once I get rolling I'll be alright, but that first couple of steps blind-folded is rough. Once you've been in this for a week or two, this stuff is probably a walk in the park. Everything is EZ when you know how, But I just don't know how!!!!

Welcome, first you need to pick a specific niche that revolves around some common offers. Then create your blog and pack it with content, outsource some article and SEO etc then test run some ad placements and check the stats!

I was hoping that while speaking to an A/M, they would be able to suggest to me what was hot at the moment. And then I can build a site around that niche with 4or5 offers to promote. I can rewrite several articles thats no problem, I don't know how to set up a website or blog that is appropriate. As I stated in the post #1. If you would be kind enough to reread my post you'll see I'm very uneducated but not unintelligent. With some help I'll get the ball rolling, and I'll be on my merry way!!

Can you direct me to a website and blog that is up and running, so that I can get an idea of what needs to be done?

Ok ask you AM yes but i would also ask for something that isn't over saturated - if he/she tells you iPad offers are hot unless you find some magical keyword you are never going to rank for anything iPad related so try pick something unusual!

http://www.tummyreducingexercises.com/

thats one of my older blogs, it needs updating but you fill it with content and then place offers around it!

that's really good advice. yeah it's sort of tough but it is necessary to find a niche off the beat and path. if you don't you will get frustrated and start to slack off.

Yeah as the guys above me said... what's "hot" isn't always necessarily the best option.

The more popular an offer is the more competition there is likely to be and when you're going the SEO route it's usually a lot easier to rank for a "below the radar" niche that isn't saturated to death. Sometimes it pays more to steer away from the herd.

In terms of finding a network - just apply to several. It'll help a lot more too if you can get a decent looking website up set up. Doesn't have to have to be anything amazing, just some unique content and let them know you'll be promoting via SEO. Some networks can be a bit fussy about letting new people in but there's a lot of good networks out there so you're bound to get accepted into one if you apply to a few.

Even just follow up an email or phone call to let them know that you're serious and plan to promote their offers legitimately and you'll often find you can get a application denial reversed.

Best of luck with everything man - let us know how you go!

MI
Back