The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

OK - Here's My Success Story (Money, Cars, Women, Booze, Pizza)

That is an inspiring story, Nick. However, as a woman, it makes me quite sick everytime I hear a success story and it comes with the word "women". Like, seriously? Please, stop treating us as gold diggers pieces of meat.
I'm not sure what kind of women you guys are used to, but I would EVER rather have my own money instead of relying on some guy. So please...cut that off

That is an inspiring story, Nick. However, as a woman, it makes me quite sick everytime I hear a success story and it comes with the word "women". Like, seriously? Please, stop treating us as gold diggers pieces of meat.
I'm not sure what kind of women you guys are used to, but I would EVER rather have my own money instead of relying on some guy. So please...cut that off

made good point... :p

made good point... :p

Seriously, it's like the third success story I see it that comes with mentioning women.
It's like trying to say, to be successful, you GOTTA have gold diggers after your money and hookers to show around. For God's sake.
That's VERY offensive. Don't forget even though most in this forum are men, there's still women here trying to achieve success and here to get valuable tips, and not how many hookers are chasing whoever.

Hey guys

OK, I guess it's time to share my little success story which might be quite a read:

I used to work in a private bank and it really, really, REALLY sucked. Every night I thought there had to be a better way to make some dosh, considering the place I worked at had loads. Obviously starting a bank was a bit far fetched and out the question ... but I was always interested in computers and the internet, so I figured why not try to make some pocket money there.

So I tried pretty much everything that most of you probably have tried promoting as well: zip submits, free trials, dating offers, surveys, gambling, clickbank, some low key CPA, amazon, retail products, ebay and online courses. I've also blasted through quite a lot of "marketing courses" from so called gurus.

In a nutshell, I didn't make a lot of money! I must have tested every traffic source under the sun, from PPC, PPV, Facebook ads, Classifieds, Email Autoresponders, Article Marketing, Youtube ... you name it, I have tried them. I even tested parked domain traffic! Yeah, that's how far out I wandered, lol. Anyway, I would say 99% of all these "get rich" courses and "make money online" tips were are a waste of my time. Maybe they work for other folk out there, but for me ... they just sucked. Period!

I did make some profit with a few products but it wasn't anything earth shattering, maybe £1k - £1.2k max in one month at best. But what I truly wanted was enough to quit my shitty job in that bank.

So after loads of grueling nights in front of my computer screen at home, munching pizza and drinking beer ... the financial crisis happened. The credit crunch was everywhere, people panicking, big downward spiraling graphs on every newspaper. It was mayhem. But when everyone was going ape I thought to myself: whenever there is chaos, there is opportunity!

So I looked at this whole finance thing again! The one thing I was really good at was creating compelling and attractive squeeze pages (you know, these small micro-type websites that only collect personal information like Name, Email, etc ... but NOT your credit card). I seem to be able to convert traffic into "signups" quite easily.

Then it hit me: Would this work in Finance? I already worked in a bank, so I pretty much knew all the products that were swarming around like mortgages and all the different types of insurances, credit card applications. I had to have another look at this. So in the midst of the financial crisis, I fully concentrated on Financial CPA. There were actually quite a few products out there you could promote, like Life Insurance, Secured Loans, Debt Management, etc. All you had to do was get a person to fill out a form on your site, which is then sent to a broker who pays you for the lead.

One of my favourite movies was "Glengarry Glen Ross" with Al Pacino and Kevin Spacey, so I knew EXACTLY what this was about. I built out a few micro-sites and ONLY concentrated on throwing solid PPC Traffic at it from Adwords. Payouts were around £30 for a simple Insurance lead, so the margins were actually quite big to be able to compete on Google PPC.

After a few weeks of hammering at this I made a whopping £3700+ in profits in ONE MONTH! (What is that, like over $6.2k USD). It was like love at first sight when you get butterflies in your stomach. After all that crap I tried promoting, all them silly courses I read ... I finally found something that ACTUALLY WORKS! Don't get me wrong, it was hard work and I invested a heck of a lot of sweat, blood and tears into this. But the system worked! Micro-Sites with PPC in the UK Financial Market. And that was in the middle of the credit crunch as well.

After a few more months of this I quit my job at the bank and made this my full-time occupation. That moment when I handed in my notice and my bank supervisor asked where I was going to work, it was epic! I don't think he quite understood the meaning of being a Super Affiliate ... but working from home, in your underwear, munching cereal from the box while sitting in front of a computer, and most of all: making more money than he did he understood instantly. It was absolutely priceless!

Well, I now make a lot more than back then and all from my own finance campaigns and micro-sites. I only concentrate on the UK market as that's what I know and the payouts are a lot higher than anywhere else. I've diversified into 4-5 products, still only stick to PPC traffic and I still don't get up before 9:00 am :) My favourite thing to do is get up in the morning, check up on my campaigns for a bit, then drive to the gym for a few hours to lift some weights, then grab a pizza (I know, I know!) on the way home, watch a movie (while alt-tabbing to check my campaigns of course lol) then maybe go out later if it's a weekend to a pub, club or a private party. Let me tell you, being a Super-Affiliate does make some great chat when you are out - especially with the women :) Oh the women, I don't think they have the slightest clue what I'm talking about when I tell them what I do, but they are all fascinated by the fact I actually make money with a computer. And before you ask, YES, it does make you more interesting and attractive in their eyes ;)

So yeah I do have the fast sports car, the flat and a lot of the other gimmicky toys now ... but the thing I still treasure the most is the fact that I've ACTUALLY made it! No bull, no hype ... I've done this all by myself! Has it changed me? Oh yeah, but in a good way and I still think I'm the same person like before ... just with a couple more digits :D

Anyway, I hope I could inspire a few people with my success story to never give up, keep on trucking and that there really is a light at the end of the tunnel!

If you have any questions or comments whatsoever, don't hesitate to ask.

Nick
You achieved your goal because I for one am super inspired. I also worked a job I hated but the pay was awesome (more than 100k per year) That pay kept sucking me in but in the end I lost the job and regretted not quitting when I should have... Thanks for the story .. Now I will keep on trucking with a lot less money but I will be steadfast

Hey guys

OK, I guess it's time to share my little success story which might be quite a read:

I used to work in a private bank and it really, really, REALLY sucked. Every night I thought there had to be a better way to make some dosh, considering the place I worked at had loads. Obviously starting a bank was a bit far fetched and out the question ... but I was always interested in computers and the internet, so I figured why not try to make some pocket money there.

So I tried pretty much everything that most of you probably have tried promoting as well: zip submits, free trials, dating offers, surveys, gambling, clickbank, some low key CPA, amazon, retail products, ebay and online courses. I've also blasted through quite a lot of "marketing courses" from so called gurus.

In a nutshell, I didn't make a lot of money! I must have tested every traffic source under the sun, from PPC, PPV, Facebook ads, Classifieds, Email Autoresponders, Article Marketing, Youtube ... you name it, I have tried them. I even tested parked domain traffic! Yeah, that's how far out I wandered, lol. Anyway, I would say 99% of all these "get rich" courses and "make money online" tips were are a waste of my time. Maybe they work for other folk out there, but for me ... they just sucked. Period!

I did make some profit with a few products but it wasn't anything earth shattering, maybe £1k - £1.2k max in one month at best. But what I truly wanted was enough to quit my shitty job in that bank.

So after loads of grueling nights in front of my computer screen at home, munching pizza and drinking beer ... the financial crisis happened. The credit crunch was everywhere, people panicking, big downward spiraling graphs on every newspaper. It was mayhem. But when everyone was going ape I thought to myself: whenever there is chaos, there is opportunity!

So I looked at this whole finance thing again! The one thing I was really good at was creating compelling and attractive squeeze pages (you know, these small micro-type websites that only collect personal information like Name, Email, etc ... but NOT your credit card). I seem to be able to convert traffic into "signups" quite easily.

Then it hit me: Would this work in Finance? I already worked in a bank, so I pretty much knew all the products that were swarming around like mortgages and all the different types of insurances, credit card applications. I had to have another look at this. So in the midst of the financial crisis, I fully concentrated on Financial CPA. There were actually quite a few products out there you could promote, like Life Insurance, Secured Loans, Debt Management, etc. All you had to do was get a person to fill out a form on your site, which is then sent to a broker who pays you for the lead.

One of my favourite movies was "Glengarry Glen Ross" with Al Pacino and Kevin Spacey, so I knew EXACTLY what this was about. I built out a few micro-sites and ONLY concentrated on throwing solid PPC Traffic at it from Adwords. Payouts were around £30 for a simple Insurance lead, so the margins were actually quite big to be able to compete on Google PPC.

After a few weeks of hammering at this I made a whopping £3700+ in profits in ONE MONTH! (What is that, like over $6.2k USD). It was like love at first sight when you get butterflies in your stomach. After all that crap I tried promoting, all them silly courses I read ... I finally found something that ACTUALLY WORKS! Don't get me wrong, it was hard work and I invested a heck of a lot of sweat, blood and tears into this. But the system worked! Micro-Sites with PPC in the UK Financial Market. And that was in the middle of the credit crunch as well.

After a few more months of this I quit my job at the bank and made this my full-time occupation. That moment when I handed in my notice and my bank supervisor asked where I was going to work, it was epic! I don't think he quite understood the meaning of being a Super Affiliate ... but working from home, in your underwear, munching cereal from the box while sitting in front of a computer, and most of all: making more money than he did he understood instantly. It was absolutely priceless!

Well, I now make a lot more than back then and all from my own finance campaigns and micro-sites. I only concentrate on the UK market as that's what I know and the payouts are a lot higher than anywhere else. I've diversified into 4-5 products, still only stick to PPC traffic and I still don't get up before 9:00 am :) My favourite thing to do is get up in the morning, check up on my campaigns for a bit, then drive to the gym for a few hours to lift some weights, then grab a pizza (I know, I know!) on the way home, watch a movie (while alt-tabbing to check my campaigns of course lol) then maybe go out later if it's a weekend to a pub, club or a private party. Let me tell you, being a Super-Affiliate does make some great chat when you are out - especially with the women :) Oh the women, I don't think they have the slightest clue what I'm talking about when I tell them what I do, but they are all fascinated by the fact I actually make money with a computer. And before you ask, YES, it does make you more interesting and attractive in their eyes ;)

So yeah I do have the fast sports car, the flat and a lot of the other gimmicky toys now ... but the thing I still treasure the most is the fact that I've ACTUALLY made it! No bull, no hype ... I've done this all by myself! Has it changed me? Oh yeah, but in a good way and I still think I'm the same person like before ... just with a couple more digits :D

Anyway, I hope I could inspire a few people with my success story to never give up, keep on trucking and that there really is a light at the end of the tunnel!

If you have any questions or comments whatsoever, don't hesitate to ask.

Nick

Nick.

Truly inspiring story.Never affraid to leave your comfort zone.

Truly inspiring story.Never affraid to leave your comfort zone.

Thanks for the kind words guys - one thing which has truly helped me was actually based on the above principle. You need to push yourself out of your "safe space" (or comfort zone). If you don't break your own plateaus and don't push that boundary, you simply get what you always got.

It does sometimes take a lot of willpower and a big pair of you-know-what ... but it is what ultimately gets you where you want to be. You will stumble, you will trip and you will screw up along the way, but this is all part of the learning process and perfectly normal.

The first step is always entering unfamiliar and scary new territory ... but eventually you get used to it and it is how you win at this game. Just remember to stay frosty and to outwit your competition, as it is literally can be a madhouse on the frontier at times :D

banners
Back