The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Offline attempt number 2

dave1700

affiliate
Hi guys.

Been a while since my previous post but i uave another case study for you guys. Hopefully i have more luck than with the previous attempt.

I have setup an ad to run on the front page of a uk classified paper with a circulation of around 30000 for 45 pounds.

Didnt sound a lot so worth a try all paid for and paper is out friday

The ad itself is 50mm by 30mm and in colour.
Its a very basic text ad offering the chance to win a tesco voucher or an ipad with my website address

When they go to this site they will be offered these 2 offers plus a further 2 and a popup email submit to my autoresponder for future offers.

These offers will be direct linked to the cpa landing page.

Dont have a huge amount of offers to choose inbthe uk though

Im thinking love film and maybe a beauty offer.

Well the ads all paid for. Just got to get the site up now. Will post a link once its all setup

Lets hope i have more success this time around

Dave

Excellent Dave we look forward to hearing about it.

Are you only sending that traffic to it so that it's (reasonable) traceable?

I wonder how the metrics will stack up on this in terms of impressions, visits and offer CVR.

Well its 10 am here in the uk on the day of publication. Been keeping an eye on everything and no traffic so far but its still early.

Hopefully will start seeing some activity around lunch time.

Not had a chance to pick up a copy myself yet to see the ad in print but will pop out in a bit.

In answer to the question above.
Yes this is the only traffuc currently being sent to the offer so ill know its from the ad.

Dave

Great stuff, look forward to hearing about it.

As you say traffic may not be heavy in the first few hours due to the fact that people want to read the paper, people don't have time or people don't have access to required devices at that moment in time.

Keep us posted.

1pm here now and still nothing as yet.

Will keep an eye on things tho and keep you guys informed.

Hopefully things will pick up

Dave

So its day 2 now and not a single click.

Not sure whats happened really.

Ive spoke to the paper and they say the ad design should draw as much as possible so its not because of the poor ad design. Looks like back to the drawing board with this idea for now i think.

Confused about what went wrong here.

It was a front cover ad ao would have had maximum exposure.

I checked the link myself to make sure its working and it registered as one click so dont really know where its all gone wrong.

Will keep you posted if anything happens

Regards

Dave

Never great to hear but at least you are trying.

It does seem odd as the fact that it's offering someone a voucher. Do you reckon it was the fact that people don't have access to relevant devices at the time of reading? Although again with a 30k reach you'd expect even a minority to at least pop through.

What are your next steps?

banners
Back