The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Ofcom looks to future of fast net

gkd_uk

Regulator Ofcom has added its voice to the growing debate about how the UK should roll out super-fast broadband.
It has launched a consultation, running until December, to probe ways to keep UK net services up to speed with those of other nations.

Current broadband speeds have a natural limit which are unlikely to satisfy growing consumer demand for bandwidth.

In other countries, networks delivering speeds of up to 100Mbps (megabits per second) are already being rolled out.

Some experts are concerned that the UK is falling behind its competitors. Last week Stephen Timms, Minister for Competitiveness, ordered a summit on the issue and did not rule out the possibility of public sector intervention.

The debate centres on the question of whether the UK should put in place a nationwide fibre network and, in its consultation, Ofcom lays out some of the options for the UK as well as suggesting ways in which such a network should be regulated.

Read more

I think UK should certainly lay new fibreoptics to give us fasther broadband, all our competitors in Eurpe has done it

I think the company which are going to be way ahead and ready for the faster broadband speed is cable internet. ADSL broadband companies will struggle towards the future.

They only cover bid cities, if its to be done on a national level, its got to be in conjuction with the government

I agree

Cable like Telewest now Virgin Media should be able to support faster speeds in the future without making much changes to their network infrastructre.

ADSL companies such as BT will need to make some major changes to their infrastructure and cabling if they want to support fast broadband speeds in future.

banners
Back