The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

oDesk is now Upwork!

Looks sleek but it seems they've recently been doing a lot of changes since they merged with Elance. hope it doesn't' affect their service quality or affect freelancers in any adverse manner.

Hehe...the freelancers sure don't like it! They hate the name, the colours practically blind them and they can't read the font.

Introducing Upwork – Our New Name and Platform - Upwork

Scroll down to the comments. :)

When I wrote full-time (freelance), I never, ever used these types of sites. Maybe they're better now than they used to be but from what I read in one comment, doesn't sound like it. I'm referring to how they were/are for the freelancers.

The worst change ever.
I don't understand why they had to change also their website template. Now it makes my eyes bleed. Old green was very nice, this change is really, really terrible, makes it hard to read and look at it.

And about the brand name change: I would like to know the thought process behind this new brand and design change. It would be a good case study :)

I have to agree this is a bad change, the name, brand and design is in no way better than oDesk.

The only thing i'm intrigued by is the new "slack" like communications, which could be amazing!

I have to agree this is a bad change, the name, brand and design is in no way better than oDesk.

The only thing i'm intrigued by is the new "slack" like communications, which could be amazing!

Slack was originally used primarily for team communications. More recently, it seems to be taking on new dimensions. It's touted as proficient and I think it's a great addition to their platform. This will increase business for most.

I use to be on odesk 247, they really did a lot of changes since the merge.

I liked the previous design. I think odesk was much better than upwork. It was also very easy and comfortable to use. Miss you odesk.

Found my job in upwork. Its now actually a safer place than back when its was still odesk. Fix price are now escrowed unlike before.

missing you Odesk! this new website upWork has turned to be a junk and now they are extending apologies. The only think I like on upwork is its new real-time chat based messaging system and nothing else. However, another better policy is coming for many who don`t posses a great rating score, as its going to be irrelevant within a few days. But, the site itself is not playing well, its too bulky condition is worst right now... this is how team upwork is trying to calm people down;

Do you know Elance also merge with UpWork? The worst thing happened.

yes! and now the competition among freelancers is going to be a hard one. Right now, elance is still up but they are going to wind up soon. don't know why but relatively good rates are generally offered at Elance while on Odesk rates are a bit low. Secondly the payment release function on Upwork requires 6 days to made your own funds available, and its really pathetic. Thirdly, Upwork provides their free users with sixty connects, however submitting a proposal requires at least two connects. In this way you apply for not more than 30 jobs a month. A really bad thing with Odesk is that, some clients don't`t even check their job posts after publishing them and significant connects are lost in this way each month.

UPDATE....

UpWork came ahead with an apology and a clarification about the poor performance observed in passed few days. The gorgeous and young manager Hayden B, informed folks about suspicious kind of massive spikes which choked their services partially. Company is think about further investigation this matter further. She also confessed that, it was the toughest time she faced ever in her 4+ years stay with the organization.

banners
Back