The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Now this is pretty sneaky... [GREY HAT]

Jay Wessman

A lot of you old CPALead/content locking guys might remember the days when you could literally just throw up a video on YouTube and then throw up a message saying 'To watch this video head to WatchSuchAndSuchOnline.com' from where you would hit 'em with a gateway and you'd make crazy easy money.

Then everyone started doing it and people got used to seeing these messages and started to ignore them and it become a lot less effective.

Well I just stumbled across something that I thought was pretty sneaky and a kind of 2.0 way of doing this when I went to look for this documentary about 'Neil Armstrong'... check out what they're doing:

[video=youtube;b4cuSm1ox-g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4cuSm1ox-g[/video]

Now I don't know about you but I reckon that's pretty damn convincing haha. They've made the video about the length you would expect a documentary to be and probably have just hired that chick at the start off Fiverr.com for $5. Easy. I bet a lot of people would think that girl is the creator of the doco or something.

When people go to the site they then ask them to 'sign up' and then hit them with some kind of 'watch free tv online' offer. Alternatively you could just hit 'em with a gateway but maybe their strategy is more effective now that people are so used to gateways.

Now there's no way I'm going to get back into that game I have way too much other stuff going on these days but I just thought some of y'all might find it interesting, funny and some of you guys doing some grey hatty stuff on YouTube might even get some cool ideas from it.

I've run into some of those on YT while looking for movies. They don't work on me, I give them a pass. I truly didn't realize that it was intentional, I really did think that YT yanked them for copyright violation and they were just redirecting viewers. Duh!

The girl may be from Fiverr, but the funnel is fairly well made, above average. I wonder which company is supplying the actual "movie site" platform for him.

Mostly, PPI's are used in this kind of niches.
I talked some low profile network allow this.

Some of my friends is cashing in with this method too.

Easier to rank a video than a site. :D

nice share!
the old CPAlead days were good and easy money.
Now affiliates have sucked the crap of it.
If you can think outside the box, there still lots of profit to be made.

MI
Back