propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

no WiFi Traffic?

Discussion in 'Newbie Helpdesk' started by chazten, Nov 10, 2014.

1. chazten

chazten Affiliate affiliate

What does this mean? that the offer must be accessed when the user is off of a wifi connection for the offer to convert? How would even target people off of wifi i dont understand! Help!

2. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Administrator moderator affiliate

Hi @chazten , this is mobile traffic. Your network is telling you that particular offer is not approved for mobile traffic. I currently don't do mobile, but I see this often when looking for offers to promote.

chazten likes this.
  3. chazten

So theres no such thing as a mobile offer that says no wifi traffic?

4. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Administrator moderator affiliate

Sorry, you didn't state that it was a mobile offer you were discussing.

As far as I know, if an offer says no wifi, it means no mobile traffic. I have never seen a mobile offer say no wifi, I have only seen no wifi when looking through offers on the networks I belong to. Some companies don't want their offer presented on the mobile platform. When they don't, your network will display this on the offer description page. On my networks they say no mobile traffic and no wifi traffic on some offers. Wifi probably refers to anything using a cellular based signal.

5. servandosilva

servandosilva Moderator moderator affiliate

When a mobile offer says no Wifi, it means it only accepts 3G traffic.
    WiFi usually converts via PIN Submit, while 3G converts con MO-FLOW, One click flow or other similar processes.

T J Tutor and chazten like this.
  6. chazten

Could you elaborate on con mo flow and tell me why would the offers flow depend on whether someone's connected to wifi or not? I'm constantly going on and off wifi on my device, how does it affect the way I submit to offers. Sorry if that's a confusing question!

7. lrs1995

lrs1995 Moderator moderator affiliate

MO Flow, One Click Flow, etc these are methods of Carrier Billing. Each of these flows converts in different way.
    Read this: How to Make Money With Mobile Content Offers (Pin Submits) - CharlesNgo.com

It affects the way the offer is submitted since they are all based on carrier billing. Wifi traffic tends to be poor choice for these offers.

servandosilva and chazten like this.
  8. almobi

almobi Affiliate Affiliate Manager affiliate

No Wifi means they only accept 3G/4G traffic

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed