The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

No Keyword?

christopherm

affiliate
Hi everyone,
I finally got prosper202 installed and running traffic through it.
I noticed on top of my reports my most clicks say [no keyword]

Do I have something setup wrong?
If not, is there a way to get prosper to provide this term for me?

Thanks for any help.

It sounds like you are not passing the keywords from your traffic source. What is your traffic source. Are you promoting with a direct link or a landing page? Are you placing the sub id's in your aff links?

Basically need more info.

T J

Are you including ###keyword###-###affid###-###rid### in your affiliate link?

If your direct link looks like this: hxxp://trkur.com/trk?o=1234&p=12345 , then you don't have your sub-id's included in your link.

Your link should look something like this: hxxp://trkur.com/trk?o=1234&p=12345&s1=###KEYWORD###&s2=###AFFID###&s3=###RID###

Also, you can use pixel tracking at PeerFly. 7Search can provide a tracking pixel for conversion tracking that will show up in the 7Search Tracking feature.

If you can, I would recommend installing, learning, and using Prosper202 or BEVO tracking. They are more comprehensive, but give you a lot of information.

T J

I haven't tried Bevo yet, but it seems like prosper has a lot of good info. I just don't know how to use it yet lol
This is basically my link after I run it through prosper202. Does anything look outta place to you?
Oh one more thing. I'm using the free iframe that luke offers here. Free iFrame Hosting - LukePeerFly.com
Dont know if that will cause me any problems

hxxp://mysite.com/tracking202/redirect/dl.php?t202id=132&c1=###KEYWORD###&c2=###AFFID###&c3=###RID###&t202kw=
Thanks again.

I haven't tried Bevo yet, but it seems like prosper has a lot of good info. I just don't know how to use it yet lol
This is basically my link after I run it through prosper202. Does anything look outta place to you?
Oh one more thing. I'm using the free iframe that luke offers here. Free iFrame Hosting - LukePeerFly.com
Dont know if that will cause me any problems

hxxp://mysite.com/tracking202/redirect/dl.php?t202id=132&c1=###KEYWORD###&c2=###AFFID###&c3=###RID###&t202kw=
Thanks again.

Looks right, I think that link should work.

I haven't done any iFraming of offers. I'll check out Luke's post.

Are you direct linking or are you using a landing page?

T J

Hmm, I must have something messed up somewhere else then.
Right now I'm direct linking. I'm not very confident with my landing page skills yet.

I was doing it because I thought the "look" of the URL had a lot to do with CTR.
Plus I started using that iframe for all my offers, that way I can have the link ready when/if I build landing pages.

Is this a bad idea? Should I not iframe until I'm ready to build a lander?
Thanks again for all your help.

I can't report as to whether it is a bad idea or a good idea. I know that Luke is a reputable guy and knows how to get things done. I've only been doing CPA for 5 or six months myself. I simply use a traffic source + a direct link or a landing page. I need to read more on the needs to iFrame.

Here is what Luke reports:
If your affiliate link is getting denied by whatever traffic source you are trying to use the issue may simply be that it's an affiliate link. A lot of advertisers are not interested in working with affiliates, but if you can mask your affiliate link they're much more likely to work with you. One way you can do that is by simply iFraming your affiliate link.

T J

Thanks for all your help TJ. I'm going to do more research as well but at least I know my link is structured correctly. Once I get it all figured out I'll post it what I found. Thank again

banners
Back