The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

No Coffins For Email Marketing Yet! But The SPAM is Huge Still!

Certified

T J Tutor

GM
Administrator
Certified Vendor
Dojo Master
AffKit
Every day I am asked if email marketing is dead. Every day I have to take this question and reply with "no need for coffins for email marketing."

I have been seeing a great divide in email marketing among marketers and I think it's because the gray areas of it are dissipating. The spam folders on my servers seem to catch around 2400 spam emails a day. In addition to those, I get another 300 to 400 each day which are mostly caught by ZoneAlarm and Malwarebytes on my devices.

Those caught by my server, I rarely ever look at. I log in once a month to my servers and simply blacklist all that my servers catch, only to have the spammers use a different service and/or proxy the following month.

On my physical devices at home and office I actually look through the sender's info on some, read through the copy on some, take notes, and then block them.

What I have found is that my server is great at finding the big spammers out there, and there are a bunch. My home and office devices catch those that get through the server mostly due to spam filters having no reference to them, YET! But I always report them.

The ones that get through are generally those that come from someone's optin list I belong to. I often see a reference in an email saying something like, "Hi, my name's Mr. Blah Blah Blah and I'm a friend of Mr. Blah to whom you subscribe. He thought you would be interested in this offer."

Now I am simplifying here, but the context is accurate. It just goes to show you that the new spam is in the sharing of lists (though most everyone says they don't share their lists). I recently caught one that had come from a list I was on with a very high profile marketer (all of you would know him). I new how to reach his office and spoke directly to his assistant whom I had met at a conference a couple of years ago. I explained how disappointed I was. She went on to reminisce a little as we eased into the conversation about the emails I had received with someone else's return email and referencing Mr. Blah in the body of the email. She in fact verified that it was legitimate. She said that their TOS clearly states that occasionally some of Mr. Blah's associates are exempted from the sharing policy because they sometimes work together. Therefore, I get unsolicited email (lawfully) because their updated TOS allows for it.

Email marketing is not dead. It is still, and I expect always will be, a very viable tool for my promotions to those on my DOI lists.

How about you?

Same here. My maximum click is coming via email marketing. If this is dead then I don't buy a new hosting plan yesterday via email. One question does you prefer banner like email. e.g : one huge banners just telling the offer or do you like mix up with image and text or only text?

Same here. My maximum click is coming via email marketing. If this is dead then I don't buy a new hosting plan yesterday via email. One question does you prefer banner like email. e.g : one huge banners just telling the offer or do you like mix up with image and text or only text?

The emails I send are designed for the target, so I use all of them at different times. It depends on what the message is.

I think email marketing isn't good, but best nowadays. This is because you can check your email anytime you want through your mobile phone or tabs. But difficult thing has reached to the client's inbox.

I think email marketing isn't good, but best nowadays. This is because you can check your email anytime you want through your mobile phone or tabs. But difficult thing has reached to the client's inbox.

Reaching the clients box is generally only difficult if they aren't on a DOI. At least that's been my experience.

The spam catcher on my site manages to find many hundreds of comments but I still get spam emails both on that email and my personal emails. Not as much as, say, 5 or 10 years ago maybe but it still comes through, some even make it to my inbox.

Some are obviously hacks. I know this because I've even had some sent to me from one of my own email addys. :)

Like you @tjtutor I contacted one sender who appeared to be a very reputable business representative. That biz hadn't contacted me knowingly, they'd been hacked. At least, that's what their response was and I had no reason to doubt them due to the fact that the content of the email didn't match their business.

I agree that email marketing isn't ready for the grave yet but it needs to put on its best dress and lipstick to be seen in the sea of other emails these days. If you're sending good stuff, people will single yours out on the page and open it.

Some are obviously hacks. I know this because I've even had some sent to me from one of my own email addys. :)

Like you @tjtutor I contacted one sender who appeared to be a very reputable business representative. That biz hadn't contacted me knowingly, they'd been hacked. At least, that's what their response was and I had no reason to doubt them due to the fact that the content of the email didn't match their business.

Yes, it's called spoofing. this happens a lot and I received some just today. It's definitely irritating.

banners
Back