The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

No clue on keyword research

cpafixman

Hi everyone

I have got a niche that i am targeting and a also a sub niche that i am working on. How do i go about keyword research. I'm looking at google adwords but it does not make any sense to me. Are there any other free tools that are good or any walkthroughs that i can follow.

thanks

Hi everyone

I have got a niche that i am targeting and a also a sub niche that i am working on. How do i go about keyword research. I'm looking at google adwords but it does not make any sense to me. Are there any other free tools that are good or any walkthroughs that i can follow.

thanks

Okay, first of all are you using keywords to target ads, or are you researching keywords to use for SEO? What you do with the keywords is what i am curious about. Researching keywords is easy, not complicated.

You should use a few different tools for researching key words, but first, let's take a look at what a keyword is. In content marketing, we use keywords in the content for ranking (of course, they also have a subliminal use in the content). In ad targeting, we use keywords to find the market we want our ads to be displayed to.

Either way, the keywords help to focus our marketing. The research is simply finding the keywords that our audiences, our targets, search for and/or respond to. Keep in mind, we also use keywords in our ad copy and funnels. They can be used for triggers, link bait, anchor text, etc.

Let's say your niche is brooms. If you are going to place Adwords ads for brooms on Google Search to drive traffic to a website, then you will want to initially find keywords with low competition to test your campaigns. Then, when you have a winner, you can start to incrementally place your ads in the searches with higher competition (higher cost).

let's say, you have specialty brooms, your keywords may be push brooms. Then, a more defined keyword (medium length) may be lightweight push brooms. Then, a longtail keyword like lightweight aluminum push brooms.

There are hundreds of keyword tools out there including the Google Keyword Planner. Googles is meant to be used for targeting your ads, MOZ has one meant for targeting your content for SEO. There is also Longtail Pro, Keywordtool.io, Ubersuggest, SEMRush, KWfinder, Jaaxy, Keywordrevealer, etc.

Hello. I happy that you are at least having a niche meaning that you have a formed mind on the thing you are settling on. I will say that for you to make sure that you are getting the best keywords, there are several tools that are available online that when you get good use of them, you will for sure do well. I have been using the google keyword planner and it has never disappointed me to date. I will terefore, urge you to have a look at it and other tools so that you carry out a comparison. It is after that that you can settle on the one that works best for you. Looking forward to hear from you soon.

I am targeting keywords for seo purposes at the minute. i have 5 articles that i have written myself all talking about the one topic that i have chosen.

Should i go exact match or broad for initial testing?

What numbers should i be looking for in terms of audience size for a keyword?

What is your choice/favourite keyword tool for seo apart from google adwords?

thanks

I am targeting keywords for seo purposes at the minute. i have 5 articles that i have written myself all talking about the one topic that i have chosen.

So, this tells me you are creating a content site. Is this correct?

Should i go exact match or broad for initial testing?
I always do both in separate campaigns using a silo method.

What numbers should i be looking for in terms of audience size for a keyword?

Typically, audience size is associated with Facebook. Adwords is more number of searches, unless you are using the display network. Also, audience sizes are not going to be comparative across the board. It will depend on the entire field size. In other words, audiences for tennis shoes is going to massively larger than audiences for shoelaces.

I would base your decision on middle ground volume in your category and testing will tell you whether to go for higher or lower volume. It is not the only metric to measure. Remember, ROI is the real measurement. That's why testing ad split testing is so very important.

What is your choice/favourite keyword tool for seo apart from google adwords?

I use several. Longtail Pro, MOZ, SEMRush, and Google Adwords Planner. There are others I use, but these are my usual go to apps.

And what hosting provider and domain name provider are you with. I want to get my website set up at least by the end of this week.

thanks

And what hosting provider and domain name provider are you with. I want to get my website set up at least by the end of this week.

thanks

I use BlueHost VPS's for $29.99 per month each. I use GoDaddy for domain purchases and domain management.

I use "keysearch" for hunting down seed KW's and long tail's and a rough estimate of difficulty for the chosen words/phrases

But at the same time i only use it as a guide.

Google kW planner will show you how many monthly searches a term has.

Once you find a KW you like, go into Google and do a search to see who your competitors are and see how their on page SEO looks. Just to get a rough idea as to whether or not that particular KW is worth going after.

MI
Back