The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Niche Sites - Newbie Guides/Recommendations?

Superbeni

Hey there,

I've been thinking about creating a niche site/blog and promote clickbank products through it.

I looked through the forum a bit but didn't really find anything general information/guides about it, just lots of SEO. Did I miss something? Can someone link me good guides/case studies/... please? :)

Also, what can one expect from a niche site? How much can I realistically achieve as a beginner?
I thought about ranking my site to the first page (ideally PR <5) on keywords with atleast 1.000 monthly searches - is this realistic?
How many keywords/phrases can/should I focus on?
Is there a good way of finding out how competitive a certain keyword/phrase is? (Other than the monthly searches and CPC prices in the AdWords Display Planner as rough estimates)
How much can a site/blog that is ranked with about 5.000 monthly searches make?
How scalable is a niche site?

I've been thinking about creating a niche site/blog and promote clickbank products through it.

Okay, so do you have a plan for your blog other than promoting? Blogging is all about providing riveting content that visitors look forward to reading and interacting with. Every time a user arrives at a blog, you must provide fresh content that causes them to want to return even before they leave their current session.

I looked through the forum a bit but didn't really find anything general information/guides about it, just lots of SEO. Did I miss something? Can someone link me good guides/case studies/...

Everything you need is here. It's just not listed as blog marketing. Blogs require you to become an ace at copy-writing. IMO, it is the single most important part of a blog. It must be impassioned by it's blogger(s).

SEO is also important, but as a secondary or tertiary aspect of the blogs traffic.

Guides and case studies for blogging are all over the net and are largely full of misinformation. Blogging is a part of the content marketing arena. Content marketing for most, not all, but for most it is necessary to do it about something for which you have a passion.

Also, what can one expect from a niche site?

This is too ambiguous for anyone to answer reliably.

How much can I realistically achieve as a beginner?

Content marketing is a long process. No one knows how fast you learn, how much you can spend on traffic, what niches you are in, and so on and so on.

I thought about ranking my site to the first page (ideally PR <5) on keywords with atleast 1.000 monthly searches - is this realistic?

Again, this depends on your skills, the niche, and how well you can write.

This depends largely how the content is structured and the purpose of the site.

Is there a good way of finding out how competitive a certain keyword/phrase is? (Other than the monthly searches and CPC prices in the AdWords Display Planner as rough estimates)

Just search for competitive keyword tools. There are many! SEO Powersuite, SpyFu, Clickz, KeywordSpy, etc.

This is not a means by which anyone can assess a value.

To infinity and beyond

Honestly, content marketing is a long term process involving so many facets that we cannot some it up for you in a few paragraphs.

Definitely achievable. Although, it depends on the existing competition.

There has to be at least one primary keyword and then as many secondary keywords as you like. Although I won't recommending too many keywords initially.

Check the keyword in SpyFu and SEMRush. The numbers will give you a fair idea.

Depends on how you plan to monetize the site. If you're planning for CPC networks like Adsense, then your earning depends on pageviews and CTR. So, for example, if there are 5,000 page views and the CTR is 5% with an average CPC of $50, you will make $125/month. (Revenue = PVs x CTR x CPC). CPA / CPL earnings depend on your conversions.

Scalability of a niche site depends on your topic. If the topic has depth, you can scale up to hundreds of pages.

Hope this helps.

banners
Back