The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

[NEWBIE] What is Postback URL ?

KazaNova

Hello,

I would need someone who could please explain me how does the CPA postback works. I would like to use Adscendmedia's postback, but I don't really know how to use it. I'd like someone who could explain me how to use it for my needs. I would be more than glad if someone could help me.

Please contact me here, PM, if you can help.

Thanks in advance!

the postback is a server2server information about an event in a marketing flow.
the use of this ID depenend on your goals (there are many possible goals) and the ability of the affiliate network.
most affiliate networkd send you a postback either on signup or on double opt in or on a sale.

i.e.: lets say you are promoting a CPA offer and you make 1,50 on a SOI (single opt in). now you send a click to an affiliate network and usually you (respectively the filter and targeting tool you are using) send an unique clickID with this click (lets say this ID= 12345).

the user you send signs up (so your sale is made)

the affiliate programm now send the information "12345" back to where you want it - i.e yourtrackingdomain.com/tracking/?track=12345 and THIS is meant with "postback URL".
at this point the url can be also extended with the payout &track=12345&payout=1.50 and that again can be used inside the click analizes to show you where exactly you are profitable and where not.

as I said this can be at different sources or tools and can be used for very different goals and optimizing steps.

some adnetworks are also give you this solution but they can never give you the really deep data of a click (what are nessecary in many cases).

the most popular case where a postback is used is when you use a tracking/filtering/routing-software like voluum, adsbridge, imobitrax, cpv lab and a bunch of others.
those tools are mostly also able to make a second postback to your trafficsource and it can be used there i.e. to identify ads or advertising materials what are doing good or not good.

postback can be used as a toy (i.e. just getting revenews to any central point) or in a very professional way to go deep into data and split the good from the bad.

the postback is a server2server information about an event in a marketing flow.
the use of this ID depenend on your goals (there are many possible goals) and the ability of the affiliate network.
most affiliate networkd send you a postback either on signup or on double opt in or on a sale.

i.e.: lets say you are promoting a CPA offer and you make 1,50 on a SOI (single opt in). now you send a click to an affiliate network and usually you (respectively the filter and targeting tool you are using) send an unique clickID with this click (lets say this ID= 12345).

the user you send signs up (so your sale is made)

the affiliate programm now send the information "12345" back to where you want it - i.e yourtrackingdomain.com/tracking/?track=12345 and THIS is meant with "postback URL".
at this point the url can be also extended with the payout &track=12345&payout=1.50 and that again can be used inside the click analizes to show you where exactly you are profitable and where not.

as I said this can be at different sources or tools and can be used for very different goals and optimizing steps.

some adnetworks are also give you this solution but they can never give you the really deep data of a click (what are nessecary in many cases).

the most popular case where a postback is used is when you use a tracking/filtering/routing-software like voluum, adsbridge, imobitrax, cpv lab and a bunch of others.
those tools are mostly also able to make a second postback to your trafficsource and it can be used there i.e. to identify ads or advertising materials what are doing good or not good.

postback can be used as a toy (i.e. just getting revenews to any central point) or in a very professional way to go deep into data and split the good from the bad.

oh, That`s great clearness o_O. Thanks a lot. I got it almost :affiliatefix:

Simple and short: Its enabling you (if you can setup postback) the send back the conversions you make, back to your tracker (Thrive/Volume/Adsbridge/Imobitrax etc...) that way you can see during A/B testing which of your offers converts best.

Damm.. still my answer is to long, but good luck :)

Cool :) bro how to add new post in the forum ?

Click on " POST NEW THREAD " that`s that easy
Screenshot_8.png

Simple and short: Its enabling you (if you can setup postback) the send back the conversions you make, back to your tracker (Thrive/Volume/Adsbridge/Imobitrax etc...) that way you can see during A/B testing which of your offers converts best.

Damm.. still my answer is to long, but good luck :)

yes. I got it o_O. Now I try to learn how to setup it ;) thanks for long post :D good luck for you :affiliatefix:

A postback URL (a.k.a. cookie-less tracking or S2S conversion tracking or post back URL conversion) is a way to track conversions without the necessity to modify the thank you or confirmation page.
Generally it’s used by affiliate networks to “communicate” with a different tracking system and “tell” it the conversion occurred.

banners
Back