The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Newbie Social Networker

Just want to announce myself. I am a 8 year veteran of Affiliate Marketing. I am president of www.ReturnonAffiliate.com and have wandered onto this site as it pops up every time I search for anything having to do with Affiliate Marketing, so it must have some great value for Affiliates and Merchants alike. I am looking for some feedback from 5 star members (and the admin) on the idea of a Affiliate Marketing Social Network and what they would like to see from it. Thanks for your time.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Welcome to 5 star. Actually I came REALLY close to launching one in Dec and still might. I have the perfect domain. AffiliateMarketingBuzz.com. My mod Stephen has an affiliate marketing community set up on MySpace. Good luck with yours! You didn't pay 14k for the enterprise version did you?

I do think it's a great idea and the site you've built is really great. The key like with anything else is marketing and exposure. I hope some of our members here sign up. You can also put an ad on my affiliate forum at WebProWorld as long as it's informative and not too promotional like the one here, I can let it slide.

Best of Luck!

Linda Buquet said:
Hi Richard,

Welcome to 5 star. Actually I came REALLY close to launching one in Dec and still might. I have the perfect domain. AffiliateMarketingBuzz.com. My mod Stephen has an affiliate marketing community set up on MySpace. Good luck with yours! You didn't pay 14k for the enterprise version did you?

I do think it's a great idea and the site you've built is really great. The key like with anything else is marketing and exposure. I hope some of our members here sign up. You can also put an ad on my affiliate forum at WebProWorld as long as it's informative and not too promotional like the one here, I can let it slide.

Best of Luck!

Linda,
Well I tried to run that tight rope between promotion and information. I will take note of my slight failure. Thank you for the compliments on the site. I would love to see you join and start a group for 5 star blogs. I didn't pay 14K for enterprise, I actually lucked upon a good pre-built solution for the site which had all the features my programmers could not build themselves if they had a year. The site is intended to center around communication so it is equipped with instant messaging and detailed profiles. I'll have to talk to Stephen about his myspace community, they could set up a group on ReturnonAffiliate.com to help recruit people to that group. Thank you for your interest in the site. I would love any feedback from you or from your members. Are you going to be at Affiliate Summit next week, we will be at table 310 and be one of the smaller companies set up there.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Sorry I miscommuncated. When I said "informative and not too promotional like the one here" I meant the one here was informative and not too promotional - in other words it was fine.

I have a Summit ticket and planned to go but something came up and I had to cancel at the last minute. So just put a bid up on eBay to sell my ticket. Sorry I won't get to meet you in person.

Linda,
You'll have to let me know what you get for that ticket on ebay. I went ahead and posted on webmasterworld, you'll have to let me know if it was informative enough. Out of curiosity what is your background in Affiliate Marketing?

Richard

Hi Richard,

I saw and replied to your post on WebProWorld.

My background in 20+ years sales management. 7+ years SEO consulting, online marketing and affiliate management consulting. For the past 2 years and currently I don't do hands on daily management any more but specialize in advertising and promotion for high integrity programs that are pro-actively managed by people I know and trust.

Oh and the eBay ticket. Decided to sell at face rather than risk playing the auction game a possibly losing the whole cost of ticket. So just sold it for 995 on eBay. There are 2 other tickets available so just didn't want to risk not being able to sell it at all. Time is running out.

Linda,
I imagine with all the different offers and companies currently competing for market space in this industry that it pays to work with people you trust. Thank you for posting a response on the webproworld site. I hope to speak to someone from 5staraffiliateprograms about advertising and co-branding opportunities while I am at Affiliate Summit. Who might be the best person to speak with about that? How did you end up in SEO and are you still active on boards in the SEO world? I was having a difficult time deciding on how to approach SEO on an Affiliate Social Networking site. I want to bring those people on but it is a much more guarded industry then most I have encountered. Thank you again.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Yes I still post on SEO boards and am active on about 30 plus am mod at a couple. In addition to WebProWorld I also mod the affiliate forum at SearchEngineWatch, but they allow no sigs or promos. SEO boards aren't that closed once you know people.

I am 5 star and run the company myself and am not able to make this Summit. May be interested in helping you promote your network. Best bet is just to call me before Summit and before I book all my open slots.

I take free consults from 2-4 PST. 714.754.1280
Hope to talk with you soon.

banners
Back