The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

New to Affiliate Marketing?...Here's some tips.

StephenR

affiliate
As you know virtually every major and mid-size Online merchant now offers an affiliate program. Even small mom and pop shops are realizing the benefits of offering affiliate programs to greatly increase exposure to their sites. You can find great niche affiliate programs from within all business genres by checking out the top affiliate directories on the web. If you already maintain a Web site I can guarantee you there is an affiliate program that can compliment your site. Just type in your sites main keyword and "affiliate" in Google or any of the other major search engines.

If you're a new affiliate, with no current Web site, I recommend you decide what market you would like to target by identifying what you're most interested in. In other words, what are your hobbies? What is it that you do in the course of a day that makes you happy? What type of sites do you visit most frequently while you're Online?

By doing some reflecting you will drill down to what truly makes you happy. For new affiliates I strongly believe this is the most important step to becoming a successful Online marketer. All too often I hear of affiliates who throw in the towel after only a few short months of marketing Online. These new marketers were probably not interested at all in the market they were targeting.

Once you figure out what your interests are and find some affiliate programs, many affiliates will try to promote them all. Not a good idea. I recommend you promote only a few programs to start. Check out which affiliate programs have the highest pay out offering a quality product.

I usually promote affiliate programs with no less then a 20% commission. Choosing the highest commission is not always the best decision however. If the Web site is hard to navigate, has a poorly constructed affiliate tracking solution and does not compel you to buy their product/service I will not promote it. Remember, it is ultimately up to the merchant to sell your prospects...you just have to get them to click your link.

The best way to promote affiliate programs is through personal recommendations. In order to be an effective marketer you must be familiar with the product or service. In most cases your marketing will be much more persuasive if you have purchased the product or used the service

Wow again Stephen. (I know everytime I reply to one of your posts I say wow)
Can't thank you enough for all the time you put into posting great threads here at 5 star. This one has some VERY good tips for newbies.

Great Job! Thanks again!

banners
Back