The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Need POF Offers Suggestions

srakonda

Hello Everyone,

I want to run my first POF campaign. I have added funds to my account. I want to understand what kind of offers best work on POF network..

Also please suggest the network which has best offers to run for POF.

Thanks...

You have a lot to learn and probably you will lose a few hundreds until you'll get profitable...don't worry, everyone got on the same process.

For PoF try the medium banners, 300x150 or 300x110 or others, not the 110x80 ones, it's saturated. As offers you can try run Be2 or Locals Lobby offers on specific countries, try a few different angles. The banners should be some shocking images to attract attention, you should start split testing with 5-7 very different banners for each angle. The general rule is to cut the banners that don't go over 0.10% CTR after spending 2x offer payout per ad. So if you have a 2$ offer, spend about 4$ on a banner and if the CTR is below 0.10%, kill it...depeding on your CPM you maye get away with cutting the ads after 2000-7000 impressions.

An example of an angle that works is height, target men 5'8" or below saying in the lander something like: These women love short men ... or something like that.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great info crysper..where to get the images ? I did not understand "try a few different angles"..What is an angle ?

which image resizing tool you suggest ?

For resizing you have one for free with your Dojo account which will help you a lot AffKit.com > Image resizer and cropper

About setting up campaigns and angles, check out this Dojo video:
http://www.affiliatefix.com/f37/how-set-up-campaign-pof-video-4337/

and this one:
Easy Step-by-Step Campaign-Creation Walkthrough for POF | iPyxel Creations | Demand-side performance marketing software and digital marketing insights

Anyway, I also recommend reading the wiki Wiki since you are getting started. You need to learn a lot these days, from different sources until you understand the basics and how things works, otherwise you'll get question after question and if you don't answer them yourself, you might get it hard to make the connections between them and understand everything as a whole.

The best guide I know on PoF, a 50 page guide, is made by a friend, Tom Fang. You can search on google PoF 7-day mastery guide. This guy also owns a tool for pof advertisers and almost all of his work is related to pof. iPyxel Creations

After you get the basics of affiliate marketing, that book and his blog will shortcut your learning time by a few weeks even months.

Thanks a ton Erasper..

I have downloaded some images from google and tried to resize using the Affkit tool. But when I enter 310X110 it is changing the dimensions to something else..I am not able to exactly resize images to 310X110..

Little frustrating..not sure what I am missing..

Thanks a ton Erasper..

I have downloaded some images from google and tried to resize using the Affkit tool. But when I enter 310X110 it is changing the dimensions to something else..I am not able to exactly resize images to 310X110..

Little frustrating..not sure what I am missing..

Well, an image to get exactly to 310x110 needs to have the same ratio, which means that the difference between width and height to be the same as 310/110 about 2.81

To make it more simple to understand, if you resize an image of a face which has 100x100px to 50x100px how the face will look? It will look so deformed by stretching down that the person on the image will look like a monster with a long face :) - this is a result of not maintaining the orignal image quality and ratio.

So from basic geometry, to keep the image quality and don't stretch it to make it look awkward, when resizing images you need to keep the same ratio. The images you tried to resize didn't have the ration to maintain the quality unaffected(by resizing to 310x110), so the tool picked the best width and the same ratio to maintain the image quality.

However, to make it work you need to crop the image. Put on the 2 boxes the 310 and 110 value, and click on the image and drag. A crop selection will appear which you can move and resize, but the ratio of the selection will remain fixed. After you select which part of the image to crop...click on Crop and resize.

Thanks Crasper..It was great help..It worked.

I used pretty bad creatives and CTR was 0.055% with 13 clicks..I need to create better creatives. I paused the campaign and now been reading blog posts of Luke. He created great creatives on the case study POF Case Study: PinkWink

can you please help me understand how he created small strip of text at the bottom ? It looks great.

I hope Luke helps me out with this.

Thanks again.

Hi Crysper..

Some of the creatives I created got declined. Following is the reason for that.

Image: Banners have a 3 pictures maximum, these 3 picture can only take up 50% of the ad

I am attaching the file..Not able to understand the reason..I created similar banner to Luke's case study on Senior dating offer.

Can you please help me with this ?

I am attaching one of the banner I created. blackdatingtwo.jpg

Thanks

It looks legit to me. Have you read their ad guidelines?

"Image: Banners have a 3 pictures maximum, these 3 picture can only take up 50% of the ad" ??? that's the reason they gave you? I don't get it.

Hi all! Srakonda, to give you the 100% best answer, I'd need the creative id of the ad (because if you're promoting an elitemate site for example, it would be outside of the guidelines). From what I can see, you were given the wrong decline reason. We don't allow the promotion of "100% free" dating sites. If the site you promote isn't 100% free, simply edit your ad text and resubmit (as long as the site you are promoting is compliant with the guidelines: https://ads.pof.com/ui/documentation/Guidelines.aspx?view=advertising

With the standard IAB banners (728x90, 160x600, 300x250) we don't allow images to take more than 50% of the ad space, and no more than 3 images are allowed in each. What you've used here is a small banner, so you're ok to use up all the image space that you need, as long as there's some text explaining what the offer is, which you've done.

I can see how that decline reason would be confusing to anyone, so I've requested that it be edited to be made clearer. Hopefully we'll see that edit soon, because I can see how it can be misleading!

Have a great one,

Cyndi

It would be the best If you ask your affiliate manager what kind of dating offers are converting the best inside your network on POF.

MI
Back